Would I be stupid to pass this up....again?

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure on that but I thinking they are Renegades. I'll have to ask him and find out for sure. As far as the intake goes, my initial plan was to have my cobra lower sent to TMoss like ttocs did, but I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea of a different intake.

Tmoss is a great option. For not too much money (certainly less than the cost of a new intake) you should be able to get mid 240's CFM. The stock HO, once ported by Tmoss, can net about 200 CFM. Aftermarket intakes like the TF Race Heat flows something like 260 or so (don't quote me on that, I don't know for sure). My point being, the Tmoss flows pretty close to that. And he's a good guy to work with. If you send him an email, let him know what size engine you have, what heads you are planning on using, he'll let you know if the ported Cobra will be sufficient.

96gt4.6

Reaction score
Which 185's are they? The Street Outlaw or the Renegade? AFR revamped their heads a little while back and improved the flow somewhat. AFR165 Renegades flow about equivalent to old 185 Street Outlaws, and the AFR185 Renegade flow equivalent to the next higher up Street Outlaw (don't know what it is off the top of my head). For Renegades, that price is really good, as they tend to go for about $1500 to $1600 fully assembled. I imagine the older version would fetch a lower price, so if they are Street Outlaws, then maybe not such a great price.

I would think AFR185 Renegades would work well for your engine. Make sure you have a matching intake capable of the higher flow.

the ones on summit are the renegades 185cc part 1421

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
the ones on summit are the renegades 185cc part 1421

Yah I'm pretty sure most (if not all) retailers now will have the new Renegade version. Some random dude pulling the heads off a shelf and re-selling them, well not so sure then. Even if the guy is selling the older version, it still may be a good price. I don't know what Street Outlaws go for these days. I'm just saying double check that before jumping in with both feet thinking the deal is too good to be true.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online