Would this set up work on my car?

Demolisher

Reaction score
shit hopefully cuz i thnk im gonna do the same thing. anybody dissagree with this site?

rob10s2

Reaction score
im going to do that build as soon as i have the coin. those afr's are expensive. but yeah, i trust car craft, subsciber since 1999, so itll work. :dancing6:

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
very impressive i wonder how much it would make with a blower ???i might look into this

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
i dont see why it wouldnt as long as you follow what they did... make sure its a motor with forged internals so it can withstand the power easily i have an 89 shortbloack in my cobra and it handles good power

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
i dont see why it wouldnt as long as you follow what they did... make sure its a motor with forged internals so it can withstand the power easily i have an 89 shortbloack in my cobra and it handles good power

You don't think a stock 95 gt block could take 400 hp?

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
im pretty sure it could make it its the pistons i would be worried bout cuz their not forged

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
im pretty sure it could make it its the pistons i would be worried bout cuz their not forged

+1 on the crappy pistons and rods :-\

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95Grandtouring5.0 said:
well how much are forged pistons and rods for a 302?

you can get a nice set for around 500 bucks, look thru some stang magazines..........or right here on the net, you can find all kinds of piston/rod sets for great prices.

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
umm shouldnt be to much i think considering it would be stock pistons just make sure their stock forged pistons, or maybe you can look for a stock 88,89,91,92 shortblock wicked cheap maybe ebay or the corral.net i wouldnt say no more then $250 for a stock shortblock with decent miles rip it apart clean the parts new rings bearings and then you good to go from there

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:
umm shouldnt be to much i think considering it would be stock pistons just make sure their stock forged pistons, or maybe you can look for a stock 88,89,91,92 shortblock wicked cheap maybe ebay or the corral.net i wouldnt say no more then $250 for a stock shortblock with decent miles rip it apart clean the parts new rings bearings and then you good to go from there

yea he could do that, and for a mild motor that would be fine......but what if he decides he wants to get blown or spray it ;D I would rather have a set of DSS / Eagle / Ross pistons in my motor rather than a set of stock forged ones :) Just some food for thought

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
once again snake you have sounded like a genius good job :thumb:

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
SvtBlack95 said:

well its true he could get a set out of a forged 5.0 stock motor and they would prob work great, ....................but who is ever satisfied with what they have ::) we ALWAYS WANT MORE and he probally will to, so that's why I say go ahead spend a little more and get some top notch stuff that can handle whatever he decides to throw at it :thumb:

OP
OP

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
SvtBlack95 said:

well its true he could get a set out of a forged 5.0 stock motor and they would prob work great, ....................but who is ever satisfied with what they have ::) we ALWAYS WANT MORE and he probally will to, so that's why I say go ahead spend a little more and get some top notch stuff that can handle whatever he decides to throw at it :thumb:

Im sure a kenne bell would also coeme in the future

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online