Would you do Plenum and TB or CAI first.

ck5.0

Reaction score
I have a P.I. 96 GT. I was wondering about some opinions. I was thinking about getting a JTL CAI for $205 or the ProPerformance Plenum and TB for $224. What are your thoughts on these two options.

97vertstang

Reaction score
well i dont know much about the pro plenum, but in my cousins car we installed a trick flow plenum and bbk 70mm tb, and it was a bigger improvement than the cai.both though wont gain u much though.

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Muscle Mustang did a shootout of TB's and Plenum. I was never impressed with ProPerformance before but it produced only 2 less RWHP than the Accufab that they tested and it is almost half the price. Neither of these two things are big HP gainers but just first on the list of bolt ons. Thanks for the good info. Is there anyone actually running the JLT CAI or the ProPerformance Plenum and TB?

jpajkos

Reaction score
save your money get some cams. Cams, gears and full exhaust = a much happier driver. I will be selling my plenum, tb, and cai here by the end of december.

S

scarface

I didnt notice any seat of the pants difference with either ??? SO I guess its which ever you want the most.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
save your money get some cams. Cams, gears and full exhaust = a much happier driver. I will be selling my plenum, tb, and cai here by the end of december.
dibs on those. of course depending on price, condition, etc.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would go for a power part.
Cams, gears ect.
The gain's NA are a waste of money, I've done both.

Just remove your air silencer, thingie. Maybe get a Good filter and save up for the good stuff.

jpajkos

Reaction score
I mean like I said bro when it comes to bolt on's the biggest gains for the money are going to be Pullies and a good mid pipe. Everything else is very minimal.

OP
OP
C

ck5.0

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. On my Fox body with a new throttle body, upper and lower intake there was a big difference. I am seeing that this 4.6 is a different beast. I am going to go with your suggestions and pick up some pullies and a mid pipe. Thanks a ton. I have waiting to be put in, gears, Flows, 155lb Fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, msd box.

Just another reason why I am new but already a supporting member, everyone here is great and really likes to help.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We're glad you like it here.

Definately do Gears Asap. they're probably the best feel-for-power mod there is. ;D

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
4.10's/mid pipe/speedcal should be the first mods on a 4.6...they actually work. Now since you are already PI swapped a TB/Plenum setup will benefit you down the road. Look around on ebay and www.corral.net for great deals on used ones.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
+1 on drop tops comments, thats the best way to do it to see nice gains on each round of mods

jpajkos

Reaction score
Good choice ont he pullies and mid pipe. :thumb: Once you read up alittle bit you will know that cams and gears will make you pony really wake up.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
Good choice ont he pullies and mid pipe. :thumb: Once you read up alittle bit you will know that cams and gears will make you pony really wake up.

Yes definitely gears. Those are next on the list. Cams are something that I really want but those will come with the P.I. Swap.

dutman98

Reaction score
I thought that my 4.6 would benifit from getting a port and polish pleneum and 70mm t/b. I did not notice any diffrence at all :-X........I got my gears(4:10's) and noticed a huge diffrence. I would go for gears first :thumb:

jpajkos

Reaction score
A port and polish is noticeable only really at higher rpm levels. My car breath's so much better with my ported heads. If you can work alittle bit on suspension. Power don't mean shit if you can't plant those wheels on the ground. Trust me im going through that already. I know for a fact everyone will agree with this aspect.

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
jpajkos said:
A port and polish is noticeable only really at higher rpm levels. My car breath's so much better with my ported heads. If you can work alittle bit on suspension. Power don't mean shit if you can't plant those wheels on the ground. Trust me im going through that already. I know for a fact everyone will agree with this aspect.

+1,000

98armygt

Reaction score
GEARS, GEARS, GEARS. that right there is gonna be your best bang for the buck. thats my .02 cents.

S

scarface

ck5.0 said:
I was thinking about getting a JTL CAI or the ProPerformance Plenum and TB for . What are your thoughts on these two options.

you guys have steered from his topic....He was just asking about these 2 options.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online