Want To Buy wrecked 94-95 manual gt or cobra

godfearingman

Reaction score
Wanting to purchase a wrecked 94-95 GT or Cobra with a good transmission and related parts so I can have all the parts I need to do a manual swap in my 94 GT and won't need to get a V6 model with a little less stout transmission. In or around Lumberton NC preferably within a couple hours or so from there but may be willing to go a little further if the price is right, thanks in advance!

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Wanting to purchase a wrecked 94-95 GT or Cobra with a good transmission and related parts so I can have all the parts I need to do a manual swap and won't need to get a V6 model with a little less stout transmission. In or around Lumberton NC preferably within a couple hours or so from there but may be willing to go a little further if the price is right, thanks in advance!

Hope this helps

https://fayetteville.craigslist.org/pts/5494566440.html

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Nice! Good to hear you found what you were looking for, glad I could help! :)

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Nice! Good to hear you found what you were looking for, glad I could help! :)

Well that deal fell through he kept wanting to back out and change prices on parts we had already agreed on a price for. Thanks anyway think I'll just pull the automatic and rebuild it myself after seeing how much it'l cost just to get the parts to do the swap with not to mention a good used manual transmission. Think I'll come out better off rebuilding the automatic that's already in the car.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Well that deal fell through he kept wanting to back out and change prices on parts we had already agreed on a price for. Thanks anyway think I'll just pull the automatic and rebuild it myself after seeing how much it'l cost just to get the parts to do the swap with not to mention a good used manual transmission. Think I'll come out better off rebuilding the automatic that's already in the car.

That sucks man! Hate when people waste time / aren't committed.

Hey whatever floats your boat, if cash is tight do that and hold your self over or just bite the bullet and do what you wanted. Have you considered a t45?

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
That sucks man! Hate when people waste time / aren't committed.

Hey whatever floats your boat, if cash is tight do that and hold your self over or just bite the bullet and do what you wanted. Have you considered a t45?

I definitely can't afford the t45 I only have around $800 to do the swap with and it'll be June before I'll have the extra money to do anything else with and that'll only be around $400-$600. I can buy a rebuild kit for the auto for $219 and new converter for around $150 and rebuild it myself which is a lot cheaper than doing the swap. Especially since I don't have the money to it with right now thought it would've been around the same price as rebuilding the auto but found out different. It would've been if the guy from the link would've kept his end of the bargain but he tried to back out and change the deal around several times over while I was waiting to get the parts from him. Plus if I go ahead and rebuild the auto I can drive around with it for awhile while I bank some money up and sell it to get more money to go towards the swap later on.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I definitely can't afford the t45 I only have around $800 to do the swap with and it'll be June before I'll have the extra money to do anything else with and that'll only be around $400-$600. I can buy a rebuild kit for the auto for $219 and new converter for around $150 and rebuild it myself which is a lot cheaper than doing the swap. Especially since I don't have the money to it with right now thought it would've been around the same price as rebuilding the auto but found out different. It would've been if the guy from the link would've kept his end of the bargain but he tried to back out and change the deal around several times over while I was waiting to get the parts from him. Plus if I go ahead and rebuild the auto I can drive around with it for awhile while I bank some money up and sell it to get more money to go towards the swap later on.

Great plan, get it back on the road and maybe when things allow you can do the swap later

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Great plan, get it back on the road and maybe when things allow you can do the swap later

Yea I've had it almost a year had to get a fixer upper because I couldn't afford a nice running and driving one but I could've bought a nicer one and still had to do some of the stuff I've had to do to this one but mainly wear items. The trans is the biggest thing holding me back as of now and rebuilding the auto will be the quickest and easiest to do right now. I can't find a good deals on good used manuals right now especially since most of the parts are 94-95 specific making it harder and harder to find parts thus more expensive.

from6to8

Reaction score
Yea I've had it almost a year had to get a fixer upper because I couldn't afford a nice running and driving one but I could've bought a nicer one and still had to do some of the stuff I've had to do to this one but mainly wear items. The trans is the biggest thing holding me back as of now and rebuilding the auto will be the quickest and easiest to do right now. I can't find a good deals on good used manuals right now especially since most of the parts are 94-95 specific making it harder and harder to find parts thus more expensive.
Hey
hey are you still in the market for a wrecked car? I have one for sale and near Charleston