Wrecked!

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Got in a fight with a couple oak trees, my harnesses/seats/safety equipment did their job like a champ and I didn't get a scratch. Bright side is that means its time for a new build! My drivetrain and most of my suspension is still good, there's just too much body damage to be worth repairing.

Once we put spares on I was actually able to drive the car into and out of the trailer on the way to the shop.

Also now we know a couple things:
The FTR tubular front bumper is stronger than an oak tree
The FTR watts link can take a full side impact that sends a car flying through the air and come out completely undamaged.

I'm going to part out the car to start a new build, here's everything i'm selling: http://www.sn95forums.com/showthread.php?66335-Performance-and-stock-parts

Oh, and pics of course!

14543467144_d0447d679f_z.jpg

14521892946_f01aa71b92_z.jpg

14358432508_095fedd579.jpg

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
My jaw just hit the table..... Very very sad but I'm going to stay positive and say I look forward to seeing what you build next. This is a serious bummer though.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ouch. What exactly happened? Did you ever get to test this car out on the track?

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
I hate seeing the word wrecked come up on this site anywhere. That's terrible man glad you're ok though.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Damn dude thats rough. Good thing your ok, car can always be fixed or replaced.. But holy shit does that bumper bar you built do its job.. Thats awesome, great idea!

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
I've never seen anyone that seems so... Happy about wrecking their car. It's almost as if you wanted to wreck it to check the durability of those parts! Lol I kid but really glad you're okay and safety equipment functioned as it should

RichV

Reaction score
Oh man, bummer. That looks like something serious failed.

was it part failure? Or did you try and avoid something?

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ouch. What exactly happened? Did you ever get to test this car out on the track?

It only got tested on my own little private testing area.

I've never seen anyone that seems so... Happy about wrecking their car. It's almost as if you wanted to wreck it to check the durability of those parts! Lol I kid but really glad you're okay and safety equipment functioned as it should

Yes I'm considering myself really blessed to walk away with all my parts (body and car) intact

Oh man, bummer. That looks like something serious failed.

was it part failure? Or did you try and avoid something?

Brakes locked up early, shitty tires I guess

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Damn sorry about the car... buuutttt...

TIME FOR 94-95 5.0L! GO PUSHRODS! YEAH!

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Glad to hear you came out of that without a scratch! That is pretty remarkable, but as you said 'safety features' are designed for a reason.
Any plans for a replacement car?

Rallim

Reaction score
Holy shit dude, that sucks. I hope I wasn't influence in this LOL

Stuff seems strong minus the wheels. I've seen replica wheels hit walls at 90mph before and just barely bend, but so far I've seen two crashed cars on this forum with replica Mustang wheels and they've both shattered.

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Damn sorry about the car... buuutttt...

TIME FOR 94-95 5.0L! GO PUSHRODS! YEAH!

Glad to hear you came out of that without a scratch! That is pretty remarkable, but as you said 'safety features' are designed for a reason.
Any plans for a replacement car?

Haha. Next car will either be a new edge or an early s197 with a built 4v 5.0 stroker on a 4.6 aluminum block. Fully tubed nascar style SLA front clip from the firewall forward

OP
OP
Pete@FTR

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Holy shit dude, that sucks. I hope I wasn't influence in this LOL

Stuff seems strong minus the wheels. I've seen replica wheels hit walls at 90mph before and just barely bend, but so far I've seen two crashed cars on this forum with replica Mustang wheels and they've both shattered.

Lol not a drifting accident. Replica mustang wheels are pretty shitty strength wise

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well shit the bed , glad your ok and the safety equipment did the job and kept you safe

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online