Writeup about hiding engine bay wires for our cars

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Btw this is probably the easiest way to do it but if i wanted it perfect i would extend a wire or two, shorten a couple wires and mount the box closer to the headlight. Hope this helps a lot.

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
King Cobra, I'm confused from step 4-6 could you elaborate bit more. Do you leave the harness inside the bay or in the inner fender?

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Blakonblak94 said:
King Cobra, I'm confused from step 4-6 could you elaborate bit more. Do you leave the harness inside the bay or in the inner fender?

I ran everything down the side of the radiator, crossed under the frame rail, and bolted the fuse box down between the frame rail and the wheel cover, so yes it is in the inner fender......

97 king cobra

Reaction score
I will try to upload pics when i get home tonight off my photobucket account. I cant access it at work....

97 king cobra

Reaction score
DSC00587.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00580.jpg

And an over-all shot...

DSC00591.jpg

97 king cobra

Reaction score
People bug n bug about information on how to do this....Now I put some info on how to do it and no one responds....figures....

danielson631

Reaction score
well sorry if we BUGGED you. im sure i said thanks a couple times though. i appreciate it and also thanks for posting the pics.

still waiting to do mine, i couldnt do it during the week bc i had to go to work and i wasnt sure if id be done in time and i didnt want to rush. im going to go for it tomorrow since i dont have anything to do all day.

badass98svt

Reaction score
97king, ever consider painting your power steering res? I painted mine flat black and it really cleaned it up under the hood.

97 king cobra

Reaction score
Do u have pics? Ive actually thought about painting that and the brake fluid reservior.

badass98svt

Reaction score
This is the best I've got at the moment. My ps res is just behind the coolant res. Mine is a lot smaller than the 5 liter one. Yours would really make a big diff. I thought about painting the brake res too, but wasn't sure about that one.

danielson631

Reaction score
i thought about painting these things to, but i didnt want to go overboard. i just hate the dirty colors they are.

97 king cobra

Reaction score
badass98svt said:
This is the best I've got at the moment. My ps res is just behind the coolant res. Mine is a lot smaller than the 5 liter one. Yours would really make a big diff. I thought about painting the brake res too, but wasn't sure about that one.

Can u link a pic?

ivan12

Reaction score
Definetly paint the PS. I thought about painting the brake reservoir but got a new master cylinder and it came with a new onE. I'm just wondering how long it's going to last looking like new. Anyone know if they sell just the MC reservoir? Might look cleaner to have a new one instead of a painted one.

badass98svt

Reaction score
97 king cobra said:
Can u link a pic?

Bahahahahaha...what a dumbass, I never posted the pic. Sorry about that. Mine is a 4.6, but you can kinda see it a little in this pic. I'm sure there's a few guys on here with 302s that have the ps res painted black. 95opal is one if I recall

DSCN9004.jpg

danielson631

Reaction score
badass98 i like the way that came out, im going to paint my PS res too. id like to see someone who has painted the brake res. as well. and i wonder what is that cut hose by your intake around the MAF?

thanks again 97kingcobra for the quick right up, helped a bunch.

heres a couple pics of mine i did today, still desperately needs paint.

HPIM0193.jpg

HPIM0190.jpg