Writeup about hiding engine bay wires for our cars

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I dont think so, it has been done I remember reading some threads on it on stangnet with a few pics, mabye someone will chime in here. Its ALOT of work to do it right, involves removing motor, making custom pannels, welding, bodywork, painting etc.

OP
OP
H

hevnbnd

Reaction score
Well my engine, trans, dash and fenders are out of the car and it goes to paint the next couple of months. So I am up for the challenge. I did see a few threads on stangnet as well, just nothing to in depth.

OP
OP
H

hevnbnd

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I had seen that one once before but lost it. Any more good ones?

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
when i tackled this i was a little worried about forgeting to plug something back in. i did this the same time as my H/C/I swap so i had alot on my mind.

it was very easy to do. remove the whole harness and fusebox from the car. i wanted to leave my fuse box in the engine compartment so i cut a oval hole where the fuse box was. feed all the wires through the hole and bolt the fuse box back up. i ran the wires in the fender and under under the frame rail to the passenger side. the only wires i had to extend was the passenger corner and headlight. i used zip ties to hold things in place. i still run A/C and everything connected fine.

heres some pics

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dan95-5.0 said:
when i tackled this i was a little worried about forgeting to plug something back in. i did this the same time as my H/C/I swap so i had alot on my mind.

it was very easy to do. remove the whole harness and fusebox from the car. i wanted to leave my fuse box in the engine compartment so i cut a oval hole where the fuse box was. feed all the wires through the hole and bolt the fuse box back up. i ran the wires in the fender and under under the frame rail to the passenger side. the only wires i had to extend was the passenger corner and headlight. i used zip ties to hold things in place. i still run A/C and everything connected fine.

heres some pics

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

:eek:

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
thanks guys.

theres still a lot i want to add and change to it. UPR Polished Rad cover, Mac chrome hoses, Wazee idler pulley, strut covers, and some lexan mirror pannels i have made up.

should have it all on the car early spring

94venom

Reaction score
:thumb: O0 :rockyou: that engine bay is sweet.. wished mine looked like that.

OP
OP
H

hevnbnd

Reaction score
You mean you guys engine bays don't look like that.... Yea real nice. I hope to make mine look that clean now that I have the engine out.

69clark

Reaction score
I did mine. I didn't weld up all the holes and smooth everything out but I hid and removed as much junk as I could. Still working on a few more things, but the only way to do it is just dive in and start the project. There's no one way to do it.

NewCameraPicsVids020.jpg

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
where do you re route a;; the wires..i mean its almost impossible.

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
how is it impossible? all you are doing is putting it on the other side of the sheet metal (fenders).

heres what it looked like during my swap

heres a pic of my harness that i relocated

Dsc09743.jpg

before
Dsc09723.jpg

Dsc09722.jpg

after

Dsc09742.jpg

Dsc09741.jpg

Suspect

Reaction score
hey clark where did u get those vavle covers?! are they stock height or taller?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd like to do that to my bay!

thanks for the pics dan95!

and 69clark, your bay look amazing!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member