WTF-FTMFW DRAG TAG?! (56K WARN)

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Holy shit this is one of the coolest things i have ever seen, i predict this will EXPLODE all over the world VERY soon.

Its called Drag Tag!

CHECK IT OUT! > http://videos.streetfire.net/search/drag+tag/0/a1a4b6df-9b51-417a-ae5e-98130099a49a.htm

Holy shit this is so cool, so basicly what it is, is a high tech dyno that calculates of course HP/TQ numbers but also records your 1/4 mile E.T.'s by calculating weight, drag efficiency and power to the wheels.

And it makes it even more awesome with these big ass screens on all sides of your car!

Its like a frickin video game you play with YOUR OWN CAR! And its safe as all hell.

And get this theres like big facilities like that these things are at and its like a meet/track day/event type thing and its all a roll ball of digitalized horsepower fun! :eek:

Not cool enough? This thing can also be set up to sense steering and body roll etc. and you can do CIRCUIT ROAD RACING COURSES JUST LIKE THAT.

Does anyone think this is as awesome and revolutionary as i think it is?

You can even rent cars there that are already all hooked up like skylines etc!

HERES SOME COOL PICS OF IT!

dragtag1.jpg

dragtag3.jpg

dragtag7.jpg

dragtag9.jpg

dragtag6.jpg

The drag tag stands!

dragtag4.jpg

Wow this is so cool, theyre based in Australia (matt have you heard of this over there at all?) where it was invented and like i said i think this thing is gonna be very popular throughout the world soon!

I'm not saying its gonna compete or replace real drag racing by any means or even street racing but DAMN is it cool!

:banana:

Heres another vid! :eek:

http://site.dragtag.com.au/webpage.php?id=21

AND THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE! > http://site.dragtag.com.au/index.php

Tell me what you guys think!

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Heck yes man, its frickin sick they need to get some of those facilities over here in the DFW area! Heck i'd drive to houston to do this!

And check it out, see those like "profile" type photos of the cars above the screens and stuff? Well you can buy a membership and they take pics of your car for like a profile pic and your stats get updated and stored in the database! JUST like frickin Gran Turismo or some shit, its fuckin sicknastytastical.

This would be a GREAT place for people to host car club meets and events and things like that, its crazy.

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
wonder what it cost ?

Theres like one night admission for guests and racers on the website there, its VERY reasonably priced, like a night at the drag strip or something like that, you can even get year round season passes/membership and stuff like that for discounted rates!

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
ITS SO FRICKIN DAMN SICKTANIOUSLY COOL! :asse:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
so this is for people that need to do the driver mod? ??? :rollinglaugh:

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
lame... lol we got drag tracks for that ...i got a ps2 in my living room lol

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
lame... lol we got drag tracks for that ...i got a ps2 in my living room lol

Ah yes but you dont see the point, in this "game" your own CAR becomes the remote controller, and dont forget you also get hp and tq numbers from it, shit i think doing this beats the HELL out of just dropping your car on a dyno!

Again, i'm not saying this could replace the track by FAR, but one thing is damn near impossible to do in drag tag, WRECK! One scrape on the wall at the strip could take a huge shit on your week or even month. Thats something that wont happen with this.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
lol i want to see one jump off the rollers and slam into the wall lol ;D :rollinglaugh: but if i broke something on my car at the track it would be ok to me if i broke something on this i would feel like a loser :D

OP
OP
F

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
The retention system designed specially for this system makes it virtually impossible for the car to "jump the dyno" it consists of a big ass steel hook and a giant ass steel rod that automatically connects to your car somewhere, i forgot where. But i suppose it would still be somehow possible to fail and let one go flying.

And remember, all this is really is a fancy dyno that accurately calculates your quarter mile E.T.'s. And again i think this beats the living hell out of doing a reg dyno pull lol.

snoball

Reaction score
In Stl, there a shop that does a thing called dyno drags, hook your car up, there is a christmas tree, .500 light, and then you go. Tells you et, mph, all of that stuff. You make tow trial runs, then three runs in row and they are averaged into the points, there is a whole season points tally and at the end whoever wins gets money and gift certificates. pretty neat. midcoastperformance.com is the website for the shop.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
Wow this is so cool, theyre based in Australia (matt have you heard of this over there at all?) where it was invented and like i said i think this thing is gonna be very popular throughout the world soon!

I'm not saying its gonna compete or replace real drag racing by any means or even street racing but DAMN is it cool!

:banana:

Heres another vid! :eek:

http://site.dragtag.com.au/webpage.php?id=21

AND THE OFFICIAL WEBSITE! > http://site.dragtag.com.au/index.php

Tell me what you guys think!

Actually very funny you ask me and stumbled across this. I saw a truck drivng in my own home town (back in Canada) and on the back it had a website and decals, along the lines to do with "the ultimate dyno experience" when I got home I looked up the url. Went to their site and talked about it in breif and I was so stoked, thought they set this up in my home town, but then thru their site it seemed to link to the dragtag site and realised it was in Australia!
I dont know if they were thinking of getting one of these systems or trying to sell them?
This was the start of last summer. I forgot all about it!!!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i agree its cooler then a reg dyno pull but then theres no one there to tune it... :dunno: i wouldn't go do a dyno run unless it was to get a tune... hp rating arent for me as long as it has decent acceleration and i enjoy the car im happy.....also if i lined up next to a civic and lost i couldn't take the first side road outta there lol i gotta get out and see the guy :(

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:
The retention system designed specially for this system makes it virtually impossible for the car to "jump the dyno" it consists of a big ass steel hook and a giant ass steel rod that automatically connects to your car somewhere, i forgot where. But i suppose it would still be somehow possible to fail and let one go flying.

And remember, all this is really is a fancy dyno that accurately calculates your quarter mile E.T.'s. And again i think this beats the living hell out of doing a reg dyno pull lol.

so this dyno thing can account for people not being able to get traction? or vice versa? i know some people with enough power to jump off the dyno unless you have some people sitting on the trunk....I would much rather run the risk of slamming into a wall and do some real racing.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
lol i want to see one jump off the rollers and slam into the wall lol ;D :rollinglaugh: but if i broke something on my car at the track it would be ok to me if i broke something on this i would feel like a loser :D

qft,

i'd feel really weird going to one, but if i had one like in my own garage i think it'd be tight

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online