wtf is wrong with my car! Coolant leaked out

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
:'( :'( :'( :'(

Ok, so im driving and i look @ my temp guage and i see its all the way at the RIGHT. At this time im notice my lights start to flicker on my dash so, im thinking wtf. I make a quick turn into walgreens in a bad a neighborhood and pop my hood. All my ****ing coolant is gone. I think this happened after i hit some VERY.. VERY bad bumps on some of theses chicago streets. What couldve happened? Everything look good in the dark, but tomorrow i will check if any holes came loose. Its 7 F outside and i had to run to the ****ing gas station to buy something so i could use the damn pay phone. To make matters worse the ****er behind the bullet proof glass didnt have any quarters for my dollar and he acted all scared of me... oh and to my ****ing luck the pay phones all around this area has either been pulled or ****ing broke. So, i had to drive her home risking the engine... my celly is off, but i think im going to get it back on ASAP.

Back to its 7 F outside... i had to buy 3 ****ing bottles of water to throw in the engine and that kept it at abit before the "H" on the guage. What should i do??? I mean i dont the water freezing up in my intake mainfold or whatever it goes.

DAMN It im pissed. BTW, i dont have the plastic intake, so thats out of the question.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i would fill it up and flush the radiator and look for leaks...check for holes in the radiator hoses, and make sre the little valve on the bottom passenger side of the radiator didnt open itself.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
any pictures of this plug on a mustang? I looked and everything seemed in place.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
Twista said:
any pictures of this plug on a mustang? I looked and everything seemed in place.

what im talking about is in the lower portion on the passenger side of the radiator, it twists open to drain the radiator...im not exactly sure what Matt is talking about, but there are plugs in the motor that keep coolant in, im not sure if one of those could fall out that easy, and im not sure where they are located..if you dont have a haynes manual, get one, that should help you out some.

S

scarface

No offense to you man, but with what Ive read about your mechanical skills, you might want a professional to check it out. You are risking your engine right now....THis is no headlight instal.

That being said, if you want to do it....filler up start it and look for leaks...My guess is you have a pin hole in a rad hose, and it has been slowly leaking till you didnt have any more coolant.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yeah you could have a slice in one of your hoses and not see it from above...feel all your hoses and get some antifreeze in that block since it is 7 degrees.

Whistler98

Reaction score
get some coolant in their along with all that water don't want whats in the block to freeze in the cold weather!

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Whistler98 said:
get some coolant in their along with all that water don't want whats in the block to freeze in the cold weather!

i added some lastnight before i went to bed. Im pretty car dumb, but i know what can happen with this weather and water in the engine. I added some coolant an d started her up for abit to get some coolant circulating lastnight. My dad is going to look @ it, but its so cold out there in the garage it may not be done for awhile. DAMN Weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

ALITL8

Reaction score
still got the plastic intake or do you have the upgraded aluminum crossover? could be any number of things but im sure you and your dad can finger it out O0

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Ok, coolant comes up from the coolant reservoir cap. Im lost guys.... what do you think?

thanks

edit:is there suppose to be a square little hole on the bottom of the screw on thing on the top of the overflow tank?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
damn it man i have bad luck. Now im late for work and my beater (sisters car) is not starting. I tried jumping it with my car and that didnt start it :mad: what the hell. I didnt break any mirrors lately.. and now my job is going to think im lying just to stay home to watch the fucking super bowl.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Twista said:
Ok, coolant comes up from the coolant reservoir cap. Im lost guys.... what do you think?

thanks

edit:is there suppose to be a square little hole on the bottom of the screw on thing on the top of the overflow tank?

??? pics of what you are describing by chance?

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Twista said:

thanks

??? pics of what you are describing by chance?

img0618hn8.jpg

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
so is the coolant puking out this hole after it warms up or what?

Gtnut1996

Reaction score
the radiator cap could be bad. if it has alot of air coming out with the water it could be a blown head gasket or cracked head.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
mabye you got a hole in the rad, mabye the plug came loose?
Sorry to hear you have a coolant leak.I had a small leak
coming from my 96 GT and it turned out to be that my radiator had
a small hole in it and it was leaking.I had to install a new Motorcraft
radiator and new hoses to fix the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online