Want To Trade WTT my solid rear axle for a cobra IRS

martinbaca18

Reaction score
The SRA is from my 2001 Mustang GT. I'm from Los Lunas, New Mexico. It will be a full trade for trade.
527d9bacb445a8f14c4f984b0019760b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You should probably post what info you have on the rear end and why it's a comparable swap

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
hell I would love to swap a solid for an irs. people do that? I always figured when/if it came time for that I would just be stuck with the stock axle.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
No one swaps a $200 stock SRA for a $1600 IRS. NO ONE.

Unless of course the SRA is built with top notch parts, even then people still want cash on top.

OP
OP
martinbaca18

martinbaca18

Reaction score
The SRA is good for drag racing so it won't break easy when you make really good traction off the line. Or that's what my ignorant ass says. I'm always wrong on this forum. Next post after this dersevers a cookie for info I don't care about

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
MAN...you are wrong! No clue why either! Figured I'd be the fill in...lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
yes it is stonger for the strip but with that being said I have never known anyone to swap an irs for a sra. The only time I have seen IRS come up for sale it was out of a wrecked and parted out car. On the same token the old pushrod is easier to tune and parts are cheaper but I would not expect to find someone that is looking to swap a coyote motor for a pushrod...

Cpotts13

Reaction score
The SRA is good for drag racing so it won't break easy when you make really good traction off the line. Or that's what my ignorant ass says. I'm always wrong on this forum. Next post after this dersevers a cookie for info I don't care about

Yes you are correct however they are very weak in stock form with the 28 spline axles a diff.

yes it is stonger for the strip but with that being said I have never known anyone to swap an irs for a sra. The only time I have seen IRS come up for sale it was out of a wrecked and parted out car. On the same token the old pushrod is easier to tune and parts are cheaper but I would not expect to find someone that is looking to swap a coyote motor for a pushrod...

:thumbsup:

I want a irs so bad, but with going prices at $1200+ idk....

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Am i still nots seeing the build specs?!? If no then I'm assuming it's a stock rear end with the same weak 28 splines as an irs.

Even fully built sra's usually have to toss a lil cash in to trade.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

Wichers123

Reaction score
So much bad information on IRS. Lol the 99-01 is weaker than the 03-04 rear. I believe (as my 03 rear has 31 spline axles) 03-04 have 31 spline axles and the shaft size in the center is much larger than the 99-01. The weak point of the IRS is the rear cover and mounts. My IRS has all the urethane bushings bump steer kit and mounts and cover and it came out to about the same as a built axle if you included the price of the axle assembly itself. I say my car IRS transfers harder and leaves straighter than Sra that was in the car. And then can be lower and function correctly and ride better.

chris91

Reaction score
I've seen quite a few guys trade their stock IRS off for a SRA with just a set of gears, aftermarket LCA's and a decent exhaust. Shit, I could trade right now for one but I don't want to sacrifice my gears and go to a 3.55 right now. I do have a Bassani Exhaust though which definitely sweetens the deal.

And people paying $1600 for an IRS better get some Vaseline with that. The going rate is $1000-1200 around here and that includes an exhaust.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Shit i would trade my mach rear end (cobra sized brakes, 3.55's, j&m lcas, borla catback) plus cash RIGHT NOW.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I just traded the solid axle out of my 98 for an 03 IRS. I had to come off a little cash and pull it myself but it was well worth it. IRS had all poly bushings already.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online

No members online now.