X pipe temp and EGR tube idea

302hobronco

Reaction score
Hello everyone new member here. just purchased a 94 mustang gt 107k miles bone stock. The other night I noticed exhaust smell coming into the cabin. egr tube cracked at top "wrinkle" spot. after reading all the pros and cons of removing it I decided I want to keep the system intact. BUT! I don't want to pay 50 bucks for a egr tube. So here is the questions I have. I have a X pipe I will be installing soon. Can the air inlet on the Xpipe be used as the egr feed for the valve?? how hot do you think the Xpipe would get? im wondering if a high temp silicon hose can be routed so that it feeds the egr. I thought I saw a post of someone doing this but cant seem to find it now. I found some silicone hose rated up to 500deg for pretty cheap. any input on this is greatly appreciated.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It’s how the Fox’s were done. That’s why that pipe is there. Hook it up and you should be fine. Not sure how well a silicone hose holds up though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
It’s how the Fox’s were done. That’s why that pipe is there. Hook it up and you should be fine. Not sure how well a silicone hose holds up though.

Didn’t that feed the smog/air pump that then force fed the system?

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t remember for sure. I just remember that the egr on the foxes wasn’t hooked to the headers like our sn’s. That’s why a lot of sn guys order the headers for a fox cause they don’t have the egr tube. The egr on the foxes was hooked to the factory crossover pipe

OP
OP

302hobronco

Reaction score
Thank you for the responses. I decided to just order the egr tube from LMR. The price for hose that can withstand the heat would be more than just the factory tube.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online