XTR Racing Stage 2 clutch kit

Discussion in 'Drivetrain' started by Five O, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Five O

Five O New Member

So I bought this last night for my 95 GT. http://www.ebay.com/itm/140982628525?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 Anyone have any experience with XTR clutches? I read a few online forums and haven't seen anything really negative, but nothing really positive either. I have a bad throwout bearing (making noise with the clutch engaged til I push the pedal in) and I figured I'd go ahead and upgrade the clutch while the bell housing is open. I figure that for the price it's not a bad idea, at least.

2. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

Never heard of it.

But they have cool drift cars in the ebay ad!! :)

I had a ebay clutch in my 1st race car, it was an extremely cheap one, like $50. And it lasted almost a season, that's like almost 1000 miles. But it's some hard miles.

Honestly, a clutch is one of those things that going cheap is risky. Pulling a tranny is no fun.

3. Caboose302

Caboose302 Well-Known Member

I'm going through the same thing. I just pulled my trans and don't want to do it again. Itd be interesting to hear a long term review though.

Sent from mah Obamafone

4. Five O

Five O New Member

I heard a lot of mixed reviews on these ebay clutches, but the positive ones all say to strictly adhere to the 500-mile break-in for a clutch that lasts a long time.