Y-Block on Rear Right and upgrade SS brake line? 2004 GT

Reaction score
I have a long winded thread that has a few questions in it and will delete to ask specific quedtions. This is one.

I have a Y-block fitting on my 04 GT convertible, rear passenger side. has 2 female fittings, so tees to front haed line and tees to rear driver hard line. IS a non tee to the soft brake line aka rubber brake hose has the y-block integral to the hose. SO to upgrade to a SS hose, I need a SS hose with Y-block? Or have to get into making my own T fitting....

Do I have a unicorn car? Non-ABS. But all the SS kits for non-ABS do not show a Y-block rear passenger hose?

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Is there any way you could snap a picture of this setup? My car is also a non abs car but it’s a 98, it may be somewhat different.

OP
OP
J
Reaction score
one is the pic on my car of Y-block that is integral to the brakeline rubber hose goes to caliper, the other a pic of the oem part from an ebay listing identical.

I just called Russell Performance like 5 minutes ago, they have 3 part number kits. I ordered the traction control kit by mistake 693210. I now have the kit for w/o traction control inbound 693290 . Support could not confirm the RR hose has a block fitting with 2 female fittings but 'thinks' it does. It s not a y-block but shows in pics on summitt a square block that maybe has the 2 female brake line fittings not viewable.

Anyways....guess I will find out.

Could be user error ordered wrong kit.

Russell Kits:
99-04Mustang with traction control (except Cobra)DiscDisc4693210
99-04Mustang Cobra (with IRS)DiscDisc4693270
99-04Mustang w/o traction controlDiscDisc4693290
Inkeds-l1600.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member