Yep were gonna play the mach 460 game

apsmith49921

Reaction score
Currently I have an aftermarket double din. I'd like to replace the speakers in the front and rear to get a little better sound. I'm thinking something like below and a 5.25 for the rear (vert). Do I just wire these off the head unit? Do I need amp? Can I bypass the amp and use factory wires? (Ideal) and gut the 3 amps for approx 1.2lbs of weight reduction. I'm really a noob at car audio but I know I've got a low budget because it's not a huge "priority" I just wanna jam a little bit. If anyone has ideas I'm open

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220608-192448_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220608-192448_Chrome.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 3

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will want to bypass the amps. There was an easy to find harness that bypassed the amps next to the radio in the 94/95 but I am not exactly sure when or where it went. Look at the amp that is below the radio and there should be 8 outputs for it to go to the tweeters. Just wire the decks speaker outputs to that harness and use the tweeter speaker wires as your signal and you bypassed the amps with out running any wire

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
that should be simple enough. I didn't know all 4 tweeters were run off the front amp. so just splice into it use the 4 sets of output wire for my 4 new speakers got it. thanks for your help

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
it might take a little work to diagnose the speaker wires, but it is not that hard. First take a volt meter and test any of the wires coming out of the harness for power/ground. Then switch to resistance and check for resistance on two wires that did not show any voltage/ground. Once you find two wires that show resistance on them, that should be a speaker wire. If you then take a AA battery and connect one wire to one side, and the other wire to the other you will hear that speaker make a popping noise. If you do not know how to use a meter you might want to ask a friend that does but it saves loads of time running wires through the doors.

OP
OP
apsmith49921

apsmith49921

Reaction score
i can take care of the multi meter part. i just wasnt sure if i could run the speakers that way or not. thanks for all your help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online