Yes, another Explorer Intake question

nolan62

Reaction score
Ok, 2 questions. I have been reading everything I can find. Haven't found an answer. Right know I will have to use a big spacer to get it to fit. But that would mean hood clearance isn't going to happen. If I can make some changes I can fit this with either no or a small spacer. So here is what I'm thinking and you guys tell me if I'm crazy. Thanks guys!

First, the black tube is for the PCV valve. It connects in 2 places. Do I really need both? Can I remove the one circled and plug the hole?
intake1.jpg

Second, I will not be using the EGR system. Can I trim off this part on the elbow if I find a way to plug the hole?
intake2.jpg

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Not sure on your first question but for the second question, yes you can trim that part of the intake off. I don't think it would cause any problems. All it's there for is to secure the EGR valve and you don't have that anymore..

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I have that piece cut-off my intake and i still have egr. You can cut it if you have to. I also have the pcv port plugged with a fitting and just ran the hose from the pcv to the bottom the intake nipple.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
It looks you have your upper powdercoated, why cut it off and mess up the powdercoat?

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
Thanks, but it's not powercoat. It's Duplicolor's Metal Cast Paint. Really came out nicer than I thought. If I trim that part off the elbow I can just touch up the paint.

OP
OP
nolan62

nolan62

Reaction score
OK, I find out what the first picture is. I decided to stop by a Ford dealer on the way home and ask the guys in the shop. They told me that it is part of the internal EGR system. It's not used for my purpose. However, since it will clear the valve cover I can just leave it and plug into PCV into it and I'm done. Trim the elbow down and I can forget the spacer and any hood problems. Thanks for your input guys!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online