Yes or no is all I need

BraMas

Reaction score
I know what the Ford book says. What I was saying was that there is a debate and good proof out there the 4.6 Oil pan can hold more oil. I wasn't telling anyone to put more in just stating a fact :eek:ccasion14:
The thread with good info is somewhere on SVTP. I'm to lazy to find it

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
BraMas said:
I know what the Ford book says. What I was saying was that there is a debate and good proof out there the 4.6 Oil pan can hold more oil. I wasn't telling anyone to put more in just stating a fact :eek:ccasion14:
The thread with good info is somewhere on SVTP. I'm to lazy to find it

ive seen that thread. its very informative. very eye opening... i completely spaced it.

98green5.4

Reaction score
just catch all the oil you put in the car in a pan when you take off the old oil filter. shouldn't be that much old oil in the filter to mix with new stuff.
And make sure to put the NEW filter back on before adding oil. don't want to sound to obvious, just wanting to help.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
be sure to put a coating of oil on the O ring on the filter before putting it back on

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Venom351R said:
be sure to put a coating of oil on the O ring on the filter before putting it back on

+1
and many people suggest replacing the rubber crush-washer on the plug every time... (but i dont go that far.)

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

Venom351R said:

will do. and thanks for the write up Chris! much appreciated!

Shame302

Reaction score
There is also a TSB on some Mach 1 dip sticks, just as a general FYI.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

changed the filter today

iPhonePics045.jpg

danielson631

Reaction score
FTS said:
changed the filter today

iPhonePics045.jpg

when i first saw this i was like, wtf? i thought you might have been mad at the filter or something.

but im assuming you did this to loosen the filter, without using an oil filter wrench? pretty clever, never thought of that. as long as it wouldnt hurt anything thats a damn good idea. the other day my oil change took a half hour cause i couldnt loosen the damn filter and the wrench kept slipping.

OP
OP
F

FullThrottleStangs

danielson631 said:
when i first saw this i was like, wtf? i thought you might have been mad at the filter or something.

but im assuming you did this to loosen the filter, without using an oil filter wrench? pretty clever, never thought of that. as long as it wouldnt hurt anything thats a damn good idea. the other day my oil change took a half hour cause i couldnt loosen the damn filter and the wrench kept slipping.

lol yeah the wrench i had wasnt big enough to fit over the filter. javi and i texten and he basically just said to shank a screw driver dead in the middle and turn... worked out perfectly lol

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Ive had to do that before, stupid harley riders like to put the filter on without oiling the seal.

danielson631

Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
is this really the first time most of you guys have seen a screwdriver be used to take off an oil filter?

i do believe thats what i said

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.