Yet another question from this guy..

A_+

Reaction score
What is this and does something go attached to the end. I'm guessing whatever goes attached to the end,doesn't matter because it has something to do with smog or egr and they both have been deleted......what do you think
aqetu9y3.jpg

**edit** I found that its a canister purge valve. Now,does something go attached to the end?

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
95 mustang gt40 intake, tf heads, #24 injectors, 70mm maf and tb smog and egr have been deleted. My only guess would be that the end of this canister should have a line going under the intake manifold.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
There should be a vacuum line coming off each end. One going into the firewall (not sure where it goes from there) the other goes under the upper intake and is very hard to reach, or at least it is on my stock intake. I would assume it's the same on a GT40.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
The one that is connected goes to a canister which leads to the gas tank....I think. Well,that little thing isn't connected to anything and I'm wondering if its the reason why the car smells like fuel.

PonyGlued

Reaction score
The one that is missing goes to the intake and those fumes are burned. Really no sense to disable it cause I don't see how it would affect performance. The hotter the weather the more fumes you will smell. The system collects fuel tank expansion fumes, stores them and when you start the car the computer energizes the valve to purge them into the intake and burn. With that hose off they are being purged for you to smell..:tongue:

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
if i can find a tube im going to try to attach it to the bottom of the intake. i dont know if my car is running rich or if the fumes are coming from the canister.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Just use a regular rubber fuel line to the intake.. make sure all the hoses are coming from the evap are in good shape

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Y'all think it hooks up to this...
ryqupe9y.jpg

Cause that is hooked up to this.....
a8a4e8y3.jpg

PonyGlued

Reaction score
Looking at a Haynes picture it goes there on one of the vacuum ports passenger side rear intake, maybe he put a cap on it and its not being used

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
I recall the fuel pressure regulator being capped off when I first got the car. Then an old fox body mechanic friend of mine told me it was wrong and connected it to where it is now. The green hard line is capped off but the red one,as you can see there, is hooked up to the line coming from under the upper manifold. Ponyglued, are you saying that's where I should connect the canister to? It is closest to the passenger side. Should I cap off the fuel pressure regulator again? Then I found another cap! What used to go here?!
7y8epu7a.jpg
this is on the lower intake.

PonyGlued

Reaction score
I think any available port will work just needs to be the same diameter, or you may need a size adapter to fit the hose...the Haynes image is not that great to be able to identify what goes where...you need a guy running stock to look at his

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
Yes.fuel pressure regulator should be hooked

Ok, I'll leave it where it is then and I guess I'll go pick up another vacuum line to go from the canister to the line under the intake,where the hard redline used to be.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
aIMG_9618.jpg

This is the vacuum line for the purge valve. I just replaced mine today while I had my upper intake off. It's a super b!tch to get your hand to if you don't have the intake off.

OP
OP
A_+

A_+

Reaction score
If I connected mine in the right place, it wasn't hard. This gt40 seemed to have a vacuum line poking out in the back. I drove it today. Didn't seem any different and it only smelled when I turned it back on after it shut down on the highway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online