You guys with smoked headlights i have a ? for u

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Ok i really like smoked headlights and i was going to get a set because i think they look killer on dfg. Now i know the stock headlights suck already so do the smoked headlights hurt them much? I have heard yes and no so i really would like to know. If they are almost like stock then it will be fine. I do a fair ammount of highway driving at night so i dont want to not be able to see. Ya i know i could get hids and all that but i dont really want to spend the $$ on them. If smoked headlights lighting sucks even worse then i guess ill have to get a black housing light or something, i dont like projectors/halos.

Maybe ill have to get these
LH_FM94B_DP_CMB_SB1.jpg

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh snap where can I buy those lights? ^^

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i found them on ebay. dunno if anyone else has them, i imagine so

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
get the ones from art...i have seen all those ones from ebay, and they are very shitty.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I will pry get them if the lighting is still ok. And some of the ones on ebay are the same thing. I was just posting the pic as an example for an alternative. People have had water problems with the ones from art too.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
I will pry get them if the lighting is still ok. And some of the ones on ebay are the same thing. I was just posting the pic as an example for an alternative. People have had water problems with the ones from art too.

im not talking just about water problems, most of them are very very cheaply made, i have heard people talk about them melt(and not from HIDs), they yellow up in less than a year like OEM ones. i havent heard many people say they liked them, but i havent heard one person complain about the ones art sells.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt really notice too much of a diffrence from stock at all personally. but if you get those ones you posted they would probaly be even lighter then stock. those look pretty awesome too. I have heard some people complaining that the smoked made it harder to see but I didnt notice it.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
i noticed a huge difference. when i had the stockers in i could actually see, with the smoked ones id stay behind someone. not to mention my smoked ones leaked in water like the titanic. those lights you posted are from depo, depo is who made my projectors and the quality of these and the smoked ones are lightyears in difference. these were very well made, actually felt like they had better craftsmanship than the stockers.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
ok from personal experience. The ones ART have looks great, but if you drive at night ALOT do not get smoked lights. The times i drive at night i always stay near someone with bright lights otherwise i notice im over the line or traveling off the road :noes: Also ,if you have to travel on a very dark unfamiliar road/expressway than good luck and good speed.

gt96stang

Reaction score
I've got some from blueovalindustries off ebay, came with smoked fogs as well.. Very nice pieces, but cost a little more.. I didn't mind the difference since they don't fog up or anything.. I've also got silverstars in both head/fogs and while it was much better than my yellowed ugly stockers with silverstars, I will say it's also not the brightest.. Next set up will include HID's.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
Ok i really like smoked headlights and i was going to get a set because i think they look killer on dfg. Now i know the stock headlights suck already so do the smoked headlights hurt them much? I have heard yes and no so i really would like to know. If they are almost like stock then it will be fine. I do a fair ammount of highway driving at night so i dont want to not be able to see. Ya i know i could get hids and all that but i dont really want to spend the $$ on them. If smoked headlights lighting sucks even worse then i guess ill have to get a black housing light or something, i dont like projectors/halos.

Maybe ill have to get these
LH_FM94B_DP_CMB_SB1.jpg

those are similar to mine, i have clears like a Cobra but with some black edging on the inside...i don't have smoked corners though.

OP
OP
M

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
hmm well so far matt is the only one that says there isnt a big difference in lighting. If they hurt it that much then i dont think ill get smoked. I dont know what these would look like on the stang. I might look around more and see what i can find. I really think a "blacked out" housing will look good still but its hard to tell and these are the only ones i have even remotely liked so far.

S

scarface

I have the blue oval industried smoked and they arent very bright...If you are really concerned about bright light, dont get anything foggy or smoked.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
im getting some lights like droptoppony because his car is cool and when my car grows up... it wants to be just like droptops! :pimp2:

edit: Heres my light output of the SilverStar Ultra's (brighter than silverstars)

pict0107zj5.jpg
They look bright but.. look @them in the pitch black below

pict0110wx0.jpg

pict0105vv2.jpg

However, in the daytime i wouldn't have anything becept smokes on if i could.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
You should get clear fogs, and put some sylvertar ultras in them, maybe they will make it alot better at night?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Fets said:
You should get clear fogs, and put some sylvertar ultras in them, maybe they will make it alot better at night?

good idea. Never thought about doing that and it'll work also :dancing6:

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'd just go with the clears and clear fogs, with the PIAA bulbs i have its pretty bright at night. I like the look of the smoked but i'm also concerned about the smoked and night driving.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online