you tell me

wht46gt

Reaction score
what is the best clutch for the money for our model cars. but first let me tell you my prob. ive got a clutch masters stg. 1 in there now but the guys who put in the clutch cheated me out of my t/o bearing and put in the stock one and its gone bad and it sezed and now i have to put in a new one so wich is the best for the money im lookin to spend about 300-400 $ on the clutch itself so any ideas would be nice thanks

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
from what I have seen guys using these days, it appears that the SPEC clutch kits are VERY popular :) the Stage 3 kit goes for like 375 I think :-\

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
the stage 3 does 695ft pounds of tq and goes for 324 bucks at American Muscle ( AKA mustang tuning )

G

GREG@SN95

no reason to spend alot of money on a car if the car is mostly stock...

the stock clutch is just fine... go to napa and get a clutch...

unless you're starting to make some good power don't bother

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
no reason to spend alot of money on a car if the car is mostly stock...

the stock clutch is just fine... go to napa and get a clutch...

unless you're starting to make some good power don't bother

i agree, or if you pan on adding a little bit of power go with a King Cobra Clutch.....i have one and love it. :thumb:

OP
OP
W

wht46gt

Reaction score
but the t45 in our models go threw stock t/o in a very short time period so im gonna upgrade and i plan on adding some power

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wht46gt said:
but the t45 in our models go threw stock t/o in a very short time period so im gonna upgrade and i plan on adding some power

then you want a stronger clutch :D

96gt226410

Reaction score
I have a King Cobra and it's a great clutch. The pedel effort is basically nothing. It'll hold up to 400 lbs. I think, but don't quote me. If I had to put a new clutch in, I'd probably go with a centerforce. I plan on doing PI cams and intake as well as a new exhaust around March, so I want a stronger clutch. I heard that Spec clutches are of good quality, but I have no experiance with them. Let us know what you decide.

S

scarface

I have a centerforce dual friction clutch...im happy with it.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
scarface said:
I have a centerforce dual friction clutch...im happy with it.

thats all I have ever used, but im thinking about giving SPEC a try when I need one for the Cobra

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a spec 3+ in mine.

Haven't driven it yet :-[

Good luck!

OP
OP
W

wht46gt

Reaction score
hey got an update im gonna go with the king cobra and an aluminum flywheel and im gonna do it by myself so ill take pics

OP
OP
W

wht46gt

Reaction score
well i started the unbolt today and took some pics but im not done with sec 1 yet so ill have em up tomarrow 8)

Rantheman

Reaction score
King kobra is a good way to go I have it in my heavly modded mustang and it works great. I bought mine through summit racing for 169 bucks

OP
OP
W

wht46gt

Reaction score
ok sry to keep you guys waiting but iv got to find my cable for the cam so no pics but i will tell you that the tranny is out and the clutch is fucked oh i also changed my mind about the clutch im going with a spec 2 and flywheel setup its in the mail they said so it will be here tomarrow prob and then ill have pics

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online