you think second gear burnouts are impressive..............

Quick96Mystic

Reaction score
I did a 4th gear burnout in my buddy's camaro (4.30 gears) about 6 years ago when he was running 12's

I tried sticking it into 5th... didnt work out to well :rollinglaugh:

I think it's possible that the cobra in that vid was doing a 4th gear :drunk:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i still like how the wheels stopped spinnin after he left off each time..............................but i guess he was in 4th

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Yea that is one hellacious clutch in that car. A friend of mine did that is his 351 notch and OMG it smelled crazy but then again a toasted clutch, melting tires and burning bleach have an odd effect on the senses.

Whistler98

Reaction score
my buddies bone stock auto mustang shifted into overdrive once when he was powerbraking, one of the crazy things we did this was prob 4-5 yrs ago. His speedo said 90 mph lol Its def not one of the smartest things we have done. He drove that car very hard. lol ever power brake in the rain until the road drys under the tires and it starts smoking??

white98stang

Reaction score
just becuz the subtitles says that it doesent mean hes in fourth i just dont believe hes in 4th im probably wrong though :-\

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Whistler98 said:
lol ever power brake in the rain until the road drys under the tires and it starts smoking??

If there is someone on this site who has not done that should probably get like a 2 day ban or something.

ripper

Reaction score
WyoTechMSA said:
No 2nd gear burnouts are not impressive. This is 3 gears in my car with nothing but gears and exhaust, and I could have sat still longer (not on a line-loc). So a car with that much power and a water box...4th is really not so amazing when you think about.

Yes I do miss 2nd on the first attempt, and yes I do start in 2nd on the last burnout.

thanks now i dont have to prove it LOL. I dont have a line lok so i would have cooked my rear brakes doing it.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Stevo said:
thanks now i dont have to prove it LOL. I dont have a line lok so i would have cooked my rear brakes doing it.

Dont worry, I melted mine for you ahaha

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Not that it really matters but.....in my opinion it looks like he is in second or third. I don't think he went all the way into fourth gear but I don't think he stayed in first because of his RPM (judging by sound) to wheel speed ratio.

ripper

Reaction score
Well unless you had an in car no one could be sure i was just saying its not impossible. Whatever gear he's in thats a hot BO

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Well it is flat out impossible for that to have been 1st or 2nd...it could have been 3rd but IMO and same goes for most of the people I have showed this to who are into this sort of thing, thats 4th.

Hellion94

Reaction score
All you have to do to tell he's in either 3rd or 4th is listen to the load on the engine. When he first hits it in first, it just raps up instantly, however, by the time he nails it in the last gear it takes a second for the rpm's to come up, and not like he's messing with the throttle, but like there is a tremendous load. Judging by the sound of that thing, I would estimate that it's got a Kenne Bell or a Whipple. Judging by most other KB or Whipple cars, I'd say he's got at LEAST 600 to the tires. Now, the torque is probably a similar number, combine that with 3.55's (stock ratio of a Cobra) or possibly lower (numerically higher) gears and water and there's no doubt in my mind that he's in a higher gear than 2nd.

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
All you have to do to tell he's in either 3rd or 4th is listen to the load on the engine. When he first hits it in first, it just raps up instantly, however, by the time he nails it in the last gear it takes a second for the rpm's to come up, and not like he's messing with the throttle, but like there is a tremendous load. Judging by the sound of that thing, I would estimate that it's got a Kenne Bell or a Whipple. Judging by most other KB or Whipple cars, I'd say he's got at LEAST 600 to the tires. Now, the torque is probably a similar number, combine that with 3.55's (stock ratio of a Cobra) or possibly lower (numerically higher) gears and water and there's no doubt in my mind that he's in a higher gear than 2nd.

+1

OP
OP

96 GEETEE

Reaction score
Fets said:
Hellion94 said:

+1
x10000000000000000000000

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell