Your thougthts on this cars' value....

kspilly

Reaction score
Hey folks, just wondering on what the value of my Cobra might be. Basically, the motor is in need of being redone. It has a spun rod bearing, and may need some valves replaced according to the shop that checked it out. It still does run and drive, but makes a tapping noise from the drivers side head.

The Info:
97 SVT Cobra (#53 built), Pacific Green Pearl. Car has 70XXX, motor has 30XXX. Previous owner had to replace the motor because it had been ran low on oil and died. It was replaced with a remanufactured 97 Cobra motor. I'm the 3rd owner, and have only had it a few months. The motor had a very faint tap when I got it, now I know what the noise is...

The mods:
-Procharger P1SC intercooled supercharger
-FRPP 4.10 gears
-Clutchmasters clutch
-98 Cobra 5-spoke wheels with 90%+ tread tires (Sumitomo tires)
-Smoked headlights, corners, and fogs from blue oval industries. **With retrofitted Mercedes bi-xenon projectors**
-Flowmaster exhaust with catted X-pipe
-Tinted windows(15% rear 3, 35% front doors)
-6 Stewart Warner gauges. 3 in triple pillar replacement pod, 3 in aluminum holder under stereo. G.U.S. gauge, boost, A/F, Volts, Oil pressure, Water temp.
-Optima red top battery
-Stereo system: Pioneer headunit, two US Aucustic amps, two 12" polk/MOMO subs, MB Quart main speakers. Rear seat deleted, amps where bottom of seat was, subs where back of seat was, all cusom installed. 12 Disk Pioneer changer in trunk.

I am mainly interested in hearing what it may be worth in it's current state. I have recieved quotes on built boost friendly motors, but will not have that kind of money for some time to put into it. I love the car, but I can't stand seeing it sit. Just wanting to weigh out my options.

Thanks for your input!! :)

-Kevin.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
is say aomewhere around 6-7000...

and i would love to trade you my regular smoked headlights for those retrofitted ones. :)

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
with a blown motor no more then 5k

and probley less with those mudflaps you got there :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
K

kspilly

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
with a blown motor no more then 5k

and probley less with those mudflaps you got there :rollinglaugh:

Soo much love for the flaps!!! They have kept the paint nice and shiney though..... :banana:

I ckecked the KBB values, and even fair condition was 7K or so. Like I said, I really love the car, but can't stand to see it just sitting while I can't afford a new motor. Just looking for some ideas. Thanks!! O0

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
it is a very nice looking car... but i can see paying more then 5k for a roller

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
it is a very nice looking car... but i can see paying more then 5k for a roller
fo a supercharged 4V... ??? alone the supercharger will fetch 2Gs...it has one of the most sought after blocks for 4.6s and the body is in decent condition.

you can definitely get at least 6K for it, if you sit back and wait long enough you can probably get around 8.

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
damn your market must be a lot higher then around this area :eek: those cars perfectly running only bring 8k and you can get that for a roller wow im impressed

TheBab

Reaction score
I'd trade my stock headlights + some cash for yours :naughty:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
damn your market must be a lot higher then around this area :eek: those cars perfectly running only bring 8k and you can get that for a roller wow im impressed
it has a supercharger and other mods!!!

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
i think 6-8 sounds like a good estimate. good luck on your decision!

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
tRaV_19 said:

damn people its got a shit motor.... :eek: travel to michigan some time my friend just sold his it was totally tricked out like his minus the blower and he got 2k for it!!!!! cobras go DIRT cheap up here apparently if one missing a charger can go for 2 i think 5 for one with a blower is a damn good price and 8k....holy hell i cant believe what im hearing... i think i need to bring my vehicles to where ever you guys live to sell them :pimp:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
damn people its got a shit motor.... :eek: travel to michigan some time my friend just sold his it was totally tricked out like his minus the blower and he got 2k for it!!!!! cobras go DIRT cheap up here apparently if one missing a charger can go for 2 i think 5 for one with a blower is a damn good price and 8k....holy hell i cant believe what im hearing... i think i need to bring my vehicles to where ever you guys live to sell them :pimp:
well whoever your friend sold it to got one hell of a deal then...or it had high miles and wasn't in decent shape.

97blackgt

Reaction score
tRaV_19 said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
tRaV_19 said:

+1...i dont think its worth 6-8k....prolly more like 4500

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
tRaV_19 said:
well whoever your friend sold it to got one hell of a deal then...or it had high miles and wasn't in decent shape.

where do you live?

a gt around here fully loaded new paint blower whatever will never bring over 6k

and cobras stock fetch about 6k on average

a gt roller is a 1k

a cobra roller is 2-4k depending how bad and what alls included

im telling you guys michigan is oviously the place to buy mustangs the market is low on them here apparently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.