zero oil pressure at idle......

Discussion in '94-95 5.0 - Specific' started by Anrev, Mar 10, 2007.

1. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

So was messing around with the engine today. I had the MAF disconnected and had the throttle @ about 35-4k. Let it go back to idle and it up and started idling funny and then quit on me. So I started it back up, which it didnt really want to do. But when it did start it was idling @ about 4 or 500 roughly. And thats when I noticed the OP gauge was at zero. I gave it a little gas and the OP came up but as soon as I let it go back to idle, the OP dropped to 0. So I shut it down, put the MAF back on and started it again. Same results. So I shut it back down and started cursing.

To me it sounds like a main bearing went on me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Im willing to bet SOME of the crap in the oil came from the cross brace under the oil pan. Like the sand pebbles. But not the really small shinny crap..... :mad: :rant: I gotta long weekend ahead of me. I just hope the crank is ok.

2. ryclef331

ryclef331 Well-Known Member

welcome to my world. I pulled my k member to check the pick up for the pump....BIG chunks of copper. No fun. I know the the feeling well.

3. 97blackgt

97blackgt Well-Known Member

yikes..spun a bearing

hopefully u can get out of it without too much work and hopefully the crank is alright

good luck

4. Anrev

Anrev Active Member

So I finally got the engine pulled today. :dancing6: Then putting it on the engine stand I cracked the block. Twice. :puke: Both lower bolt holes. I havnt even pulled the oil pan yet to look at the crank. Fuck it now. Guess that means I gotta get a short block. Suggestions? Think I wanna get a 331. I know anout DSS and CHP. Are there any other good ones out there?

5. Dalamar

Dalamar Legend Retired Staff SN95 Supporter

that's a big ol bummer.
    Good luck on the rebuild - Time for UPGRADES?!!