zero oil pressure at idle......

Anrev

Reaction score
So was messing around with the engine today. I had the MAF disconnected and had the throttle @ about 35-4k. Let it go back to idle and it up and started idling funny and then quit on me. So I started it back up, which it didnt really want to do. But when it did start it was idling @ about 4 or 500 roughly. And thats when I noticed the OP gauge was at zero. I gave it a little gas and the OP came up but as soon as I let it go back to idle, the OP dropped to 0. So I shut it down, put the MAF back on and started it again. Same results. So I shut it back down and started cursing.

To me it sounds like a main bearing went on me.

oil02.jpg

oil03.jpg

Im willing to bet SOME of the crap in the oil came from the cross brace under the oil pan. Like the sand pebbles. But not the really small shinny crap..... :mad: :rant: I gotta long weekend ahead of me. I just hope the crank is ok.

ryclef331

Reaction score
welcome to my world. I pulled my k member to check the pick up for the pump....BIG chunks of copper. No fun. I know the the feeling well.

97blackgt

Reaction score
yikes..spun a bearing

hopefully u can get out of it without too much work and hopefully the crank is alright

good luck

OP
OP
A

Anrev

Reaction score
So I finally got the engine pulled today. :dancing6: Then putting it on the engine stand I cracked the block. Twice. :puke: Both lower bolt holes. I havnt even pulled the oil pan yet to look at the crank. Fuck it now. Guess that means I gotta get a short block. Suggestions? Think I wanna get a 331. I know anout DSS and CHP. Are there any other good ones out there?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
that's a big ol bummer.
Good luck on the rebuild - Time for UPGRADES?!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online