Dumb question

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Over the course of this upcoming winter i plan on totally repainting my car. I was going to doing some other work like a 3" crowl hood and i was also thinking about wanting to take my spoiler off. I haven't made a complete decision on it yet, but i was wondering, would i need to replace the whole trunk if i take the wing off? There is no actual way to cover where its attached and it actually look right, right? Just curious

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can cover the holes, would require some welding and a lot of body work.

I took out my antenna and passenger lock. Welded the holes and did a lot of body work.

I would recommend finding a v6 wingless trunk. It will save you a lot of time and headache at not much cost.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
You can cover the holes, would require some welding and a lot of body work.

I took out my antenna and passenger lock. Welded the holes and did a lot of body work.

I would recommend finding a v6 wingless trunk. It will save you a lot of time and headache at not much cost.

Yea that is what i figured, and with all the other work and money i am putting into the way the car looks next winter, finding a trunk at a junkyard probably won't be that hard either. Thanks man.

belber095

Legend
Reaction score
Or just get some rubber plugs and plug the holes. You can take it off and rock it wingless and then out it back on and rock the spoiler if you want to

tapatalkin'

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea, i've always loved the wingless look but never was going to just take mine off and get a new trunk and not match the color on the car (or fading color i should say) now that i'm doing the paint job now is my chance, Anybody have an opinion on the chin spoiler under the front bumper? Would that be too much without the wing on the back?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
No rubber gommets sticking out of your trunk lid would not look right. If your getting it painted and getting a hood either fill the holes(not hard with filler) or get a V6 decklid painted to match.

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
oh okay, i just wasn't sure if a filler would stick out to much or not and be noticeable

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
filler has to be sanded down even to the rest of the panel.......two choices here (as OJ said) - weld up the holes and fill them or find a sixxer trunk deck..

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no problem..if you can come across one in a boneyard i'd just grab it..otherwise just fill the holes..it's not that bad..just weld a washer in each hole and fill the center of the washer with weld.......use a TIG..MIG creates too much heat......quick weld..cool with water soaked rag..repeat

OP
OP
1bad9d5

1bad9d5

Reaction score
Yea im not gonna look for one for a while.. like around the fall.. only room in my garage i have is currently being taken up by a carb 5.0 w/ a tranny, but ill definitely jot that down so that way im not starting this thread again in October lol

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
25157d1133993517-pictures-spoiler-plugs-update-pict0055.jpg

23852d1128982301-pics-spoiler-plugs-pict0016.jpg

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/hw1205.html?gclid=CMrx483a9bcCFapcMgodiCAA1Q

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i dont know. maybe hit up our sponsors to see if they offer anything. BOI isnt a very reputable company.

Late Model, Stage 3, and CJPP might all offer something. :)