Biggest size rear tire?

chad5.0

Reaction score
Whats the biggest size rear tire I can run? I figured I need new ones so might as well make it look better. (this has a bbk lowering kit and no tub.. Thanks

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
depends on the width of your rims.

but some members had 335, most of them having rubbing issues.
if you wanna play it safe, stick to 315s. there really isnt a need to go bigger.

det_riot

Reaction score
DSC00892.jpg

96GT02

Reaction score
How are you not rubbing on everything lol! Spacers?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
depends on your rim and backspace setup...quad shocks? Hell, guys are running 9's with a 275 tire. There really isnt a need for a huge tire. I even get rub with my 28" setup

96GT02

Reaction score
do quad shocks really serve any purpose? Can they just be taken out for larger tires?

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I just took mine out when I did my control arm setup...didnt notice any loss in driving conditions at all

twovalveterror

Reaction score
the general consensus is that quad shocks were an afterthought to prevent wheel hop. I took mine off and have experienced no wheel hop, but less traction, even though I went from 245s to 285s. it may just be the change in tire brands, but I have had to deal with the rear end feeling a bit more "flighty" than before. I don't recommend removing them without aftermarkets LCAs and even then, only if you really have to.

det_riot

Reaction score
How are you not rubbing on everything lol! Spacers?

haha nah, the offset of my rims are a little different than most other wheels. I dont remember what it is off hand. The rims are 18x10's with 335/30/18 nittos which do run a little less wide than most other 335 wheels. The only time that i've ever rubbed was taking a right turn up a driveway, I rub on the drivers side rear. I believe that would be prevented by upgrading to a stiffer rear spring. Right now I'm running the Eibach Pro-Kit springs in the rear with 1 1/2 coils cut out of them.

depends on your rim and backspace setup...quad shocks? Hell, guys are running 9's with a 275 tire. There really isnt a need for a huge tire. I even get rub with my 28" setup

^ yupp what he said. No quad shocks for me, they were blown from day 1 when I got my car so I just took them out and never looked back. I've got HPM Megabyte jr uppers and lowers so I've never had to deal w/ any wheel hop shit lol

hahaha thanks =D

do quad shocks really serve any purpose? Can they just be taken out for larger tires?

You can take them out for a larger tire. Some people never had issues with wheel hop, others do. The easiest way to combat it is by upgrading your lower contral arms. I just did my whole rear suspension at once so i never had to worry.

got5.0

Reaction score
We're running 275's with eibach pro kit springs and 19'' wheel out back with no issues. I don't see a reason to go wider.

got5.0

Reaction score
don't get snippy with me boi ;) I love me some 335's but they don't fit with 19'' wheels and unrolled fenders.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Driving in a car with quad-shocks sucks TEH balls. why? The rear end is all over the place when you go over uneven road surfaces/bumps. Basically it feels like your rear end is play hop scotch. I'm upgrading to the blistein quad-shocks that stang suspension sells because there BOSS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Touch Red

Members online