Steering Shaft

red98snake

Reaction score
Hey everybody, I thought I would let you all know how well this part works. I have had my 98 cobra for a while and ever since I had it, it has had a lot of play in the steering as well as bumpsteer. I replaced the outer tie rods with some baer tie rods to hopefully fix that issue, and that was back when I first got the car. Today I just put in a new steering shaft from Maximum Motorsports. What a difference. The cobra now drives like it is suppose to, no more bump steer, and very little if any play in the steering. I have an ARG rack and pinion on order and I think I'm going to still put that in, and I think that I'm going to try and get some replacement parts for my tie rods. When I had the cobra up on the jack stands I was checking them out and found a little bit of play in them. Just thought that I would let you guys know.
Have a wonderful day.

the.greg

Reaction score
I've always wondered how a MM steering shaft would feel, but the price tag scares me away. MM always makes great stuff, may have to see about getting one myself.

OP
OP
R

red98snake

Reaction score
I was the same way when I first heard about it. But I decided to take the plunge, and it was worth it. I recommend this part for anyone. It works awesome. Definitely worth the money.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller

Members online

No members online now.