Front coil overs with saleen replica's question?

188slo50

Reaction score
Looking at putting coil overs all around but was wandering if the will work with the 18x9/10 wheels. Id eventually like to do a 315 in the back aswell but for now Ill stick with a 285. Im not sure if the clearence was there cause when I tried on my fox the tire hit the spring. Any pics of yours with this setup would help also. Also whats a good bang for the buck on coil overs, its going to be a street car and my DD?

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
pm slykin on here. he just did c/o's and got some for a good price. and it seems like he has saleens also. he can prolly help ya out :)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Slykin has 17" cobras.

If you're not big on racing, you could settle for the UPR coilover kit. If you want the best, go maximum motorsports. Granted their a little more pricey.
Coilovers will fit on 18's. Depending on how low you want to go you may have to roll you fenders. Also a 315 should fit in the back with no problem depending on the offset.

OP
OP

188slo50

Reaction score
I already rolled my fenders so Im good there and as for height Im probably doing 265/30 in the front and dont want a gap between the tire and fender if possible. What size spring should I do 10" or 12" for the fronts. I had the UPR's on my fox and didnt think they were bad for the price. Probably going to run the tokico blues all the way around to help with the ride.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
aw, my bad thought he had saleens.....he seemed to have pretty good knowledge of c/o's so i would still pm him and he can prolly give ya a ton of info.

Slykin

Reaction score
You guys be talkin about me like i'm not here?! Lol, anyways, I definitely don't have Saleens. I'm running MM's coil-over kit with 17x8 cobra R's currently. I don't think you'll have any issues with 315's on the back, that's mostly an issue the foxbody guys have I believe. Don't quote me on that though, as I haven't tried it yet. I know on the front some guys run 8" springs so that the spring sits completely above the wheel/tire. The downside to that is you it'll probably ride a bit rougher. I don't think it's really an issue on our cars unless you go past 9" in the front. There's a guy on Corral running 9.5's with a 1/4 inch spacer... ReplicaR should also be able to tell you some good stuff, he's running 10-10.5" wheels in the front I think, granted, they stick out far. MM should be able to tell you also. I wouldn't worry about it for a normal 275/9" set up though... That's just my .02

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I just installed MM coilovers up front, no clearance issues with my 18x9s with 265/35-18s that I can tell but there are other issues depending how low you want the car.

OP
OP

188slo50

Reaction score
I don't think you'll have any issues with 315's on the back, that's mostly an issue the foxbody guys have I believe.

Yea I just got done putting a set on my fox and it was a little tricky.

I can tell but there are other issues depending how low you want the car.
Such as? Is it worth the trouble to have the coilovers or easier to just stay with springs? When I did my fox I used the UPR ones and could even bolt the tire on cause it hit so bad.

philly101

Reaction score
Far as 315 on back its all about off set I have them out back an don't rub a bit an I have auto I have a 315 35 17 an I'm drop 2 an a half in n the rear when a 11 in wide wheel but you do need to roll them but they don't stick out one but the main tying is take in the quad shock off an beat in the Hell out of the inner finder
IMAG0084.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online

No members online now.