Major coilover problem please need some help.

94RedGt

Reaction score
Guys i just finished installed a coilover kit on my 94 GT and im having an issue with them, first of all they seem to hit the tire and im running stock 03-04 cobra wheels with 245s in the front , this does not worry me alot.
The real problem is that after i installed the kit for some reason the front tires do not keep the same toe angle, i can grab the tire and move it a good inch toe in and toe out , its like nothing is holding the spindle togheter. I have 4 bolt caster camber plates . The coilovers are installed correctly and nothing is missing. They are UPR front kit with 14" 175 pound springs.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Something must be wrong dude I have never heard of such a problem do the sleeves fit tightly over your struts ? Mine work flawlessly

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
yeah the sleeves fit perfectly on the strut, the problem sees to be more on top i can move the spindle in and out and it feel like nothing is holding it, the camber plates im running are made by them so i dont know wtf is wrong, it makes no difference if there is coilover or regular springs the spindle should not move like that.

alex302

Reaction score
If it's toed in and out that sounds like a bad inner or outer tie rod end. Just to make sure, when you say toed in and out you are grabbing the tire parallel with the ground and moving the tire front to back like if your trying to steer the car.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Doesn't make sense man if the spindle is bolted to the ball joint and the strut is tight where it bolts to the spindle you shouldn't have this play in the spindle that your talking about .

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
Ok guys found the problem, the balljoint popped out of the hole in the lca. I recently installed this balljoint and the tool i used was from autozone , it was a bit bent and everytime i tried to press in the balljoint it went in crooked, it eventually popped on but it appears that it ****ed up the hole in the lca because it has no pressure on the balljoint. I can even put it back in with my hand. Now im ****ed cuz its sunday and junkyards are prolly close and i need a new lca, and still have to do the other side, its also raining.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Damn that sucks, sounds like its a good thing you did the coil overs and cought the issue rather then driving down the road when it decided to come apart...

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i'm the ball joint replacer too and i would have checked that right off the bat,lmao!

i replace ball joints for random issues....idk

glad ya figured it out :)

Slykin

Reaction score
That sucks big time.. If you're reallly desperate you could try welding the balljoint in if you have the skills. But... ya know, if something happens it is no fault of mine.

OP
OP

94RedGt

Reaction score
Nad ill just get a new LCA, the bushings were shot anyways, ill just get one from a junkyard until i eventually go with tubular A amrs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online