I have seen problems when the recall has not been done
That board overheats and burns up the fan circuit

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Hey. I think my problem is in the ecu.
I’m not curtain that has led to the heat or burning in the ccrm but it looks like the ecu failed from age. When I did get it to Test the fans seemed to be fine. When it cuts up I can’t even get a reading.
What’s your OP?

IMG_2350.png10 code there is a throttle goose quick response
And brake on off test
Only when that code pops up
IMG_2349.png

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Unplug and clean every pin on the plug
Use compressed air and electrical cleanner on computer
Dirty contacts mabe

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Unplug and clean every pin on the plug
Use compressed air and electrical cleanner on computer
Dirty contacts mabe
Good idea.
But I worked with it so much that I’m sure the plugs worked. I got two readings while light wasn’t on. When it was on and car was warm it failed to read everytime.
I have the original ecu boxed boxed up ready to ship off to the exchange. Can’t be many of these left I’ll fix mine weather I use it or not.
I’m going to take your advice and do that throughout the car though to eliminate any further electrical problems. These things are getting old man you may run into this. It seems like it had a battery drain when my grandfather was running it.

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
We had a parts store in the county where I’m from. My grandfather owned it for a couple over 30 years. He sold it in 2012. And He made his life’s living on automobiles right down to his teens starting one hell of a life. Soon after that the town went down. The town had to buy the lumber mill out of debt. And then I was in trouble. As I came home and fired that car up i drove that dusty square tire, wiped window, old girl through that town. It performed just fine. I noticed the stock yard where I used to sit on my four wheeler and watch the steers go by had closed and fallen in. Sometimes one of our kin folks would come to the store and pick me up to go to the livestock auctions. We never really bought anything.
My grandfather did very well in his business.
This car has been my favorite car my whole life. Unlike any other.
I remember my friends telling me that my grandfather had told them that was going to be my car and he wouldn’t sell it. We have a Pontiac as well. I never heard anything called mine but the Pontiac. When I was very young he used to pick me up from my mother’s in the Pontiac until she blew smoke. That old engine fought its last fight with me after getting my learners permit. He had two Black birds one of them was at the movie. Another after marriage. I see this mustang as perfect but it’s actually one of the best examples of that generation. There Is Nothing Like The Interior Of This Mustang in any car. Never had a back seat rider. Never a drink or crumb. My grandfather bought it at auction in 2000 with No miles. It wasn’t easy to get. Now you couldn’t give me 60k for it.
We did all of our long distance going in this car and never had any sort of problem. One idler pulley was It back then. It has 100k miles and will have the work done.
Thanks for everyone’s help that lead me to the pcm. I had already looked at it but didn’t see the two bad spots until I looked at my own HD picture of pcm. I have plenty of questions about Electronics I don’t fully understand them. But have learned a lot in the past week. Thanks everyone. We’re taking my mustang back to the University. So thanks for your Helpful reply's and ideas.

1705904870620.jpeg

1705904907985.jpeg

1705904968462.jpeg

OP
OP
jacobn4056.

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
Good luck with it hopefully that will work
if you need more assistance, just get on here and ask
Well what’s your Name?

I think this answers our question.