91 Foxbody issue

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
So for awhile now. My bro's 91 5.0 has a intermittment annoying beeping sound on the inside of the car. Its usually when you first start the car, it'll just keep beeping until you restart it.. He thinks it might be the air bag sensor, it was replaced already though. Any thoughts?

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean by dinging lol? Like, is it a seatbelt dinging? I don't know if they have that back in 91 if they do tho check under your seat to make sure that's plugged in. Check to make sure everything on your door is lubed and working right. Almost sounds as tho the car thinks the door is always open?

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What do you mean by dinging lol? Like, is it a seatbelt dinging? I don't know if they have that back in 91 if they do tho check under your seat to make sure that's plugged in. Check to make sure everything on your door is lubed and working right. Almost sounds as tho the car thinks the door is always open?

Nahh its not that sound. It's more like the buzzer running down in a basketball game from 10 seconds down, eh, eh , eh eh, but high pitched

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I had this same problem on my fox. Unplug the airbag sensors on the passenger side under the dash. They're blue.

93blucoupe

Reaction score
It's probably a check engine light, if the bulb is burnt out on the cel the airbag system will beep. I think I remember this correctly. If you replace the bulb for the cel it should stop the beeping, or you can remove the airbag control box in the dash. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Cars only got one air bag, drivers side. Is the airbag sensor still located on the passengers side?? As far as it being a CEL, like the car has a cel code? Or the bulb for that is burnt out?

slow90coupe

Reaction score
It's on the passenger side near the radio. I can almost guarantee that's what it is. It beeps for a while, quits, then starts up again right?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online