Are these the same lights?

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
I have been looking around for a set of smoked headlights and don't want to spend $200 for the ones from BOI when I could get the same thing for half the price. I found some on AM and they have pictures of them on cars which is good for me to see if I like them. Then I found some on ebay for $40 less that look similar. So my question is are these two products the same thing?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/9498-black-headlights-amber.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/94-98-FORD-MUSTANG-HEADLIGHTS-CORNER-LIGHTS-SMOK-97-96_W0QQitemZ140329488680QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item20ac4a1128&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12|39%3A1|72%3A1171|240%3A1318

JonBeast

Legend
Reaction score
They appear to be the same...however, look at the corner lights...they have an ugly orange dot in the corner. I would not purchase either of these. I have the BOI smoked lights...had em for a couple years now, and I love them.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Looks to be the same but i don't like the Corner light with that yellow dot as Jon said

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
BOI & Art's carry the exact same parts. Art's is out of stock on these right now. I think he said it will be 2 to weeks before he gets more. Only thing is I can't remember when he told me that! He already has me down for buying a set. I think they are $175 + s/h?

Here's what they will look like put on:
DSC00551.jpg

This time they will be all aligned right, though! Not sure what the body shop did to the ones on my car right now!! Just look like crap is all I know!!

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
keep lookin on ebay, you should be able to find someone that carries the ones without the dot. unless all the ebay powersellers now carry the dotted side markers instead.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
BOI & Art's carry the exact same parts. Art's is out of stock on these right now. I think he said it will be 2 to weeks before he gets more. Only thing is I can't remember when he told me that! He already has me down for buying a set. I think they are $175 + s/h?

Here's what they will look like put on:

This time they will be all aligned right, though! Not sure what the body shop did to the ones on my car right now!! Just look like crap is all I know!!

Are they just aligned wrong, or all hazed and scratched up? The drive side looks pointed higher than the passenger. Looks like they just pooped them back in lol. Just adjust them yourself =]

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ARdoller said:
keep lookin on ebay, you should be able to find someone that carries the ones without the dot. unless all the ebay powersellers now carry the dotted side markers instead.

I know the guy i bought mine from changed over to the orange dot ones, good thing i bought mine when i did lol

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
The only ones I can find without the dot are the BOI's. I wonder how hard it would be to take the orange dot out?

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
you'd probably have to bake the side markers to melt the glue and pull the lenses off to get to those dots. unless you can reach in through the bulb hole with something sharp and try and pry it off that way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlmobile636

Members online