autocross set up and questions

gearhead

Reaction score
5.0kid said:
ok, guys I figured out I'm going to get some subframe connectors, springs and shocks/struts to start out next year.
I still think I may go with some mach one/bullitt springs since they are cheap and still have good rate, especially for the daily driving i'm going to do. Anyone have anymore input on the springs?
not sure which shocks and struts i'm going to go with yet, but is there a thing to look at when buying used shock/struts? I need to have this a low budget build since I am in college...

See if they are leaking around the seal at the base of the shaft. You can also test the dampening of the strut/shock by pressing in and pulling out on it to see if it is functioning properly.

Ciotti

Reaction score
You really won't be able to tell if shocks/struts are screwed unless they are completely blown so it'll be a bit of a crap shoot there. The Mach springs are a good spring rate but they're tall and to be honest for a bit more money you can get the H&R Race springs that will actually lower the car and the extra spring rate they have will make a big difference. If you're going to go through the trouble of swapping springs out I don't see the point of going with ones that are just ok, I'm always for doing it right the first time ya know?

Blind

Reaction score
gearhead said:
Blind said:
interesting, I have tokiko blues on the car.

You have the same setup I have. I also find the car handles a little sluggish like you stated earlier. Maybe we'll have to try some different struts/shocks and see what happens eh?

I've been looking off/on for a set of cheap take off terminator bilstein struts, I run bilsteins (MM valved) on my `89 and to say the difference from it and my `97 is noticeable is an understatement.

Ciotti

Reaction score
There are a few guys I know of running the Terminator Bils up front that love them, I think there's even a set for sale right now over in the Market on SVTPerformance.com

OP
OP

5.0kid

Reaction score
ok, cool. I ended up not getting the springs so I think i'll just wait to find a good deal on some H&R race springs. Then i'll look for some good shocks next summer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online