Best tuning software for 1996 Mustang GT

tvsn95

Reaction score
I have a wideband in the car and with those Bama tunes, I don't like what I see. What program do you use for tuning?
I use Binary Editor, from Core tuning. Support is good.
I also use a quarterhorse from Moates. you can watch real time and make changes while running , then save.
Adam with Pops help with the questions, I am Chasing a MAF problem now with Adams help.

OP
OP
PWNY

PWNY

Reaction score
94mm seems like its too much. do you run a carb style manifold? ive got the vic jr manifold too, but use a 72 or 75mm tb. will knows for certain. he and josef also do a lot of tuning stuff on their own cars so theyre probably a good resource

2c310e9065aa802a87ad696ec589450b.jpg

I will agree the throttle body is a touch big but my friend had it and the price was right lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
PWNY

PWNY

Reaction score
I use Binary Editor, from Core tuning. Support is good.
I also use a quarterhorse from Moates. you can watch real time and make changes while running , then save.
Real time adjustment would be great. I think I will have to look into QuarterHorse and Binary Editor. Thanks

tvsn95

Reaction score
take PWNY advice,,,,Adam is top shelf, and he don't break things...... remember you can't tune it broke.
God knows I know this LOL

96gt3vswap

Reaction score
take PWNY advice,,,,Adam is top shelf, and he don't break things...... remember you can't tune it broke.
God knows I know this LOL
So I’m looking into it. Which package should I be looking for. And what is the quarter horse

tvsn95

Reaction score
the quarterhorse is a piggy back that plugs into the J port. I it allows you to talk to the ECU. after ( in Real Time) you adjust the programing .... you burn a chip and then plug that into the Jport. your is tune is now good,,,, and the ECU is still stock.
Call Adam. tell him Tony recommended you to him.
Fact is this is OLD tech. the other fact is Adam wrote / invented most of it. Warning,,,,,he is from NY. and he might go NewYoryk'y on ya LOL.
This is what I use and I can't say enough about the service/Quality

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
the quarterhorse is a piggy back that plugs into the J port. I it allows you to talk to the ECU. after ( in Real Time) you adjust the programing .... you burn a chip and then plug that into the Jport. your is tune is now good,,,, and the ECU is still stock.
Call Adam. tell him Tony recommended you to him.
Fact is this is OLD tech. the other fact is Adam wrote / invented most of it. Warning,,,,,he is from NY. and he might go NewYoryk'y on ya LOL.
This is what I use and I can't say enough about the service/Quality
Are the quarter horse chips even available anymore? Craig moates retired almost 2 years ago.

tvsn95

Reaction score
thats a good question,,, talked to Adam earlerir today,,, might be using something diff.. You need to talk to Adam.
This guy is genius at this stuff .
I know I am reflashing my old chip these days.
This guy is a 96, so he may be able to Mongoose reflash his ECU, that WAY simpler than all the chip stuff anyway.
in any case Adam with POP's is the guy

tvsn95

Reaction score
FYI
talked with Adam,, he has fresh stock on Quarterhorse. So yeah they are still available. he has burnable chips also if that's the way you want to go ( my preference). Don't misunderstand, He does NOT do canned tunes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online