better handeling

Crone

Reaction score
Then that works out well for you, how do you like them? I've been starting to look around for some for mine because they are well past gone :rolleyes:

Win

Legend
Reaction score
I have Jamex which is almost identical to the sportlines. Jamex is a company from oversea they are really big in the BMW market. I have some Caster Camber bolts i haven't put in yet but i drive 7 miles to work so i will get them in ASAP. I love the look of them. They handle pretty well also. Here is a picture of them on after they settled. The car is dirty we have been going through what they call hurricane season here in Norfolk ( dunno i'm from Ga just moved here 2 months ago)

New%20Look..jpg

Crone

Reaction score
Bumbsteer is when the steering wheel will move side to side, as the suspension travels up and down. It is very vital if you are racing on a track, It would just be unpredictable and really annoying on the streets. I don't think it happens to everyone though. Our cars front suspension design is very crappy from what I have been reading. It will be like driving with a really bad alignment...sort of, would be the best thing to compare it to. WIN- Yea you will be gettin a pretty decent amount rain and storms for a little. I used to have some family that lived somewere down there.

Crone

Reaction score
Yea I would hold off, no need to spend extra money lol

95gtdrop

Reaction score
have eibach pro kit springs on my vert. They handle a ton better than stock. I also put adj. Koni yellow shocks on it with new caster camber plates and max motorsport lower control arms. It takes off great and handles even greater!

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
well i just gpy mu upper and lowe control arms and strut mount bushings in the mail today, i think ima order my eibach's monday

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
this is the suspension setup I run on my mustang and I would consider it a pretty solid straight forward launch car:
Eibach Pro Kit
KYB AGX 8 way adjustable shocks/struts
Steeda aluminum lower control arms
Steeda adjustable upper control arms
SMR upper/lower torque box kit
MM welded subframes
MM strut tower brace
MM caster camber plates

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
well when im done with my car il will be running
eibach pro-kit no isolators
Tubular Rear Upper & Lower control arms
kyb gr2 up front
kyb gas-a-just out back
kenny brown subframe connectors
kenny brown strut tower brace

El_Diablo

Reaction score
save yourself the money and get the MM full length subframes and some 1x1 square tubing to make pinch weld supports out of and connect from there to the full lengths, same thing as KB but much cheaper

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
El_Diablo said:
save yourself the money and get the MM full length subframes and some 1x1 square tubing to make pinch weld supports out of and connect from there to the full lengths, same thing as KB but much cheaper

i already have everything except the spring kit

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
got my springs today and i hope to have them installed by this weekend. i just want to make sure i dont HAVE to use the isolators. if i need them i will buy them but id like to get it done w/o them primarily to lower it more. also i was told c/c plates are a must have but i doubt it. i know a friend who loweres his 94 cobra with 0 problems. id like to wait and see how things go after my allignment and if i need them i will buy them

El_Diablo

Reaction score
you dont have to use them, there will be clunking but you can use garden hose, heater hose or electrical tape to keep it to a minimum

as far as CC plates... depends on how far you go, either way they will help you with your goal

El_Diablo

Reaction score
metal on metal contact, thats what the iso's are there to avoid

OP
OP

95BlkCobra

Reaction score
ok got all my springs,rear control arms and strut mount bushings in today! i like the way the car rides. how long should i let the springs settle before getting it alligned?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online

No members online now.