Cobra R wheels stick out too far

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
95convgt, do you have wheel spacers in the rear?
Sorry, Im on my phone so I can only see parts of each post.
I have a pic a I took of them on my car, but it was on jack stands and no tires

Sooo, I went out to measure the rims, for shits n giggles, and they measured 19x9.5... Is this possible? Ill take pics tomorrow, but from edge to edge, its a 19" rim...

NCMystic

Reaction score
edge to edge isn't what tire sizing goes by. i have 22" rims on my explorer (265x35x22 tire size) but measured from one edge to the other they're 23.5". they're 18's don't worry

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Kris said:
95convgt, do you have wheel spacers in the rear?
Sorry, Im on my phone so I can only see parts of each post.
I have a pic a I took of them on my car, but it was on jack stands and no tires

Sooo, I went out to measure the rims, for shits n giggles, and they measured 19x9.5... Is this possible? Ill take pics tomorrow, but from edge to edge, its a 19" rim...

Oh gosh no that's not my car if that was my car i would be out sleeping in it right now. I should have quoted i got that off of the thread over on corral. I know the car is a 96 Cobra i think. I can link you to the direct part of the thread and you can ask the guy that posted it. That is his dad's car

OP
OP
K

Kris

Reaction score
Here is the only pic I was able to get when I had them on the car.. Doesn't really help much.. Pretty sure I'm going to have to get spacers for the rear, not really happy about this.
What size spacers should I get?

2-15.jpg

Brian

Reaction score
I had these wheels on an old car of mine, lemme see if I can dig up a pic:

Here they are, they didn't bother me at all, I loved em:

dcfn0005oj8.jpg

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Javi that's a guy from corral. I love the way the 00R's look on our cars i almost bought a set but i didn't have the time to refinish them.

94yellow50

Reaction score
javi said:
95convgt said:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2976/1461/32438230004_large.jpg[
[/quote]

Whos car is that?
[/quote]

thats funny thats the pic that got put up..that is a friends of mine's dad's cobra..i didnt even realize it at first..till i looked at the garage its in.

linkage13

Reaction score
95convgt said:
Just throw a spacer on the rear and go with a 265/35 up front and a 305 out back and with a spacer it will be fine.

I agree. I would probably go ahead and put the tires on first so you can get it on the ground. That will give you a better idea of what's going on. Then you can decide what size spacer you want. Don't feel bad though, I have 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the rear, and my front still sticks out wider than the back ( about a quarter inch ).

Magic

Reaction score
With the car suspended in the air like that and the front suspension unloaded, the wheels will stick out like that...with the car on the ground or suspension loaded, the A-arm will arc inwards ....

Put some jacks or jackstands under the A-arms to "load" the suspension..you'll then see the wheels go inwards...

Theres a few guys on here using those same 2000 Cobra R wheels on their SN95s...you can prolly find pics of them elsewheres on this forum.

Ninety5_5Ohh

Reaction score
I hope these work out for you, bacause I want a set of 00R's so bad. IMO they look killer on the sn95, not so much on the new edge. I have been told a 1" spacer for teh rear with a 285 tire and no spacer on the front with 265 tire. Like mentioned above once the suspension is loaded they will tuck in.

I just recently put a tubular k in a fox then did a 5 lug swap with tribars and with the suspenion in the air the rims hung out of the car, once loaded they fit under the fender and sat flush with the flares.

Good Luck

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
What size tire are you running on these rims? Saying these rims fit 99-04 fine and not our body style is crazy since the wheels they make are for 94-04. Yes the fenders come out further on the new edge but the suspension compensates for it (ie. longer rear axles) With the right tires they should fit on the front/rear just fine...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online