Common 5.0L V8 Problems

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
This thread will cover some of the common problems with 5.0L V8 in the SN95. The information in this thread was provided by members of our community, thank you all that helped.

If you have any questions after reading this thread please try using the search bar located in the top right. Chances are there is already a topic covering your exact question.
After trying the search bar please feel free to start a thread in the appropriate section for addition information. Our community is happy to help!

Lastly, if you have any corrections or addition information please post it in this thread! I'll add the information to this first post!

Thanks!

1. PIP inside the distributor causing no start problems: Origional is only good for about 150k Miles. Remanned units can be scetchy (some good some bad). OEM remanned or new still better than most aftermarket. PIP can be replaced for cheap but whole dizzy will need to be disassembled.
CC’S95GT

2. CCRM: contains relays for: cooling fans, a/c compressor, fuel pump. Basically unserviceable
CC’S95GT

3. Trans.: T-5 input shaft and bell housing is about 3/4" longer than a fox t-5 making finding good used units difficult and more expensive
CC’S95GT

4. Idle issues caused by IAC
ivan12

5. TPS issues
ivan12

6. Overheating issues
ivan12

7. Harmonic balancer, likes to slip. One of the first things that need to be replaced.
rz5.0, Phatboy, Blakonblak94

8. Fuel lines in engine bay break
rz5.0

9. Voltage piece on auto trans
the5.ohh

10. Throttle cables are nonexistent, must find a junkyard piece or custom fab something
RichV

11. Heel/toe shifting. extremely difficult due to pedal placement
RichV

12. Headers are special to the 94/95 5.0 model for emissions
RichV

13. Still OBD1
RichV

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
just to add onto number 1 for the PIP. When mine went bad, my fuel pump wasn't running - when dizzy rotates PIP sends signal to fuel pump to run. When I hooked up another dizzy to the dizzy plug and rotated back and forth, fuel pump was a whirring!

stroked95

Reaction score
where is the ccrm located at on the 95s? where do you buy a new one?

stroked95

Reaction score
No prob with it just looking for spare parts plan on going on the power tout next summer and want to have spare hard to get parts before I go.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
95 taurus f48f-12b577-aa
It was posted on this site before.
If I recall correctly the taurus CCRM would keep the fan running for a little bit after the car was shut down.

boss302whr

Reaction score
'94 clock spring I guess was one of the few specific parts ford used, and it doesn't exist anymore.

So with that said anyone know a fix I can do, I really want to get a 95 column and put it in my 94 but idk if connectors will match and don't want to splice/solder on the srs system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

boss302whr

Reaction score
Very good how to, but I can't get a new clock spring for my 94 idk what the difference is and idk if the 95 column will work in my car

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Very good how to, but I can't get a new clock spring for my 94 idk what the difference is and idk if the 95 column will work in my car
Why can't you get one?
I looked on ebay and there's tons. Mine was new and I got it last year, can't remember where from.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score

Not sure what the difference is between 94 and 95 but I got a airbag and clock spring from a 2002 and the connector on the clock spring to airbag was different. But the clock spring to column was the same. So there are variations through our years just not sure which years it changed..

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

boss302whr

Reaction score
be4udavu.jpg
this is from late model restoration's web site

PRO5OHHO

Reaction score
anyone have a NAPA part # for the PIP? I can't find one anywhere. Not sure it's my problem so I don't want to pay 3x as much for one from Ford.

furiouslyfaster

Reaction score
i have a running rich issue. as well as it dieing at a stop sometimes.. im guessing its because its still un tuned but yeah.

Before my motor swap my car would sometimes die at a stop and I cleaned my IAC with carb cleaner and that cleared that issue up, but yea after my motor swap my car runs nice and fat, so I need a tune as well lol but am waiting to finish breaking in the clutch. I would try cleaning the IAC if you haven't already.

94cobra50

Reaction score
I need some help I have a 94 cobra my electric fan is not cutting on high speed to cool my car I can use another pigtail and hook it up to the battery and it will work so whats my 1st step?thanks for the input

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online