Drag or Lowering Springs

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
i was looking at the Eibach pro-launch kit and it looks really cool
but i want to lower my car, so does this mean i must choose either lowering or having a good set up for launching like the pro-launch kit? or is there a way to both lower and improve your launching capabilties
thank you
-Andy

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just Get Lowering Springs.

If you want help Launching get some MM LCAs

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Lowering springs. You can launch just fine on them. I've seen low 10s @ 140+mph on Eibach Pro springs.

OP
OP

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
Just Get Lowering Springs.

If you want help Launching get some MM LCAs
ha i feel like thats a biased answer because you are kind of the unofficial forum handling/drag racing isnt that cool guy ha
wouldnt it lauch better with the pro launch kit

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
2REDSTANGS said:
ha i feel like thats a biased answer because you are kind of the unofficial forum handling/drag racing isnt that cool guy ha

No it really wouldnt. Like Paul Stated, There are 10 second cars running Eibach Pro kit or any other lowering spring.

The main reason your car isnt launching very good isnt the springs, its the Stock Lower Control Arms. The stock LCAs are Weak and Poorly Designed and is causing "Axle Wobble" and Wheel Hop.

a Good LCAs will HIGHLY improve launching of your car...alot more than the drag springs will

OP
OP

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
2REDSTANGS said:

No it really wouldnt. Like Paul Stated, There are 10 second cars running Eibach Pro kit or any other lowering spring.

The main reason your car isnt launching very good isnt the springs, its the Stock Lower Control Arms. The stock LCAs are Weak and Poorly Designed and is causing "Axle Wobble" and Wheel Hop.

a Good LCAs will HIGHLY improve launching of your car...alot more than the drag springs will
hmm you seem to know your stuff what do you think are some good LCA's ?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When it Comes to LCAs its MM or Nothing

I got my MM Adjustable LCAs from Josh @ StangSuspension.com. CRAZY Fast Shipping and we Get a VERY nice Forum Discount :TY:

I <3 My MM LCAs

MMLowerArms.JPG

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I'm going to be the first to recommend Steeda lowers. I haven't had a problem yet and I have yet to see someone post about having a problem with Steeda's products. Same with MM though...so I dont think you can go wrong with either.

OP
OP

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
Handz-
do you know anything about BMR LCA's they are alot cheaper so if they are even close i would go that route but if the MM are that much better i will have to wait a while then

GaryG

Reaction score
u get what u pay for when it comes to suspension

OP
OP

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
well is it that big of a deal to have adjustable LCA's if i just want a better launch?

Spd0lit

Reaction score
You don't need adj. for drag racing. It is mainly used for corner weighing the car to adjust the ballance or use it to get the right stance on your car.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
It is extraordinarily rare that I would make a blanket statement like the one I'm about to make...

STEEDA SUCKS

Paul.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
You're going to have to back yourself up when you just say that. What experience do you personally have with their products?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
In this instance, I do not need personal experience to make some quasi-informed presumptions about their products.

Does anyone remember when they released bolt-on CARBON FIBER subframe connectors they released? That was a brilliant engineering move. Everybody knows that carbon fiber would provide better structural rigidity than steel square tubing welded to the subframes. I actually started laughing out loud in front of my computer when I first saw them.

How about this little gem?

http://www.steeda.com/products/steeda_oil_separator.php

555-3710-lg.jpg

$70 for a plastic coalescing filter with plastic barb fittings? Awesome.

How about these?

weight_jacker_lca_175.jpg

Instead of using steel, they made these ultra-blingy-neato arms out of billet aluminum so all the billet fanboys would think they're cool. They do the same job, only for FOUR HUNDRED FIFTY DOLLARS. Nice.

Steeda makes shiny stuff for fanboys. There's a few halfway decent parts in there, but much of it is whatever they can sell to the masses in the largest quantities at the highest price.

I should've thought of it first.

"A fool and his money..."

Paul.

OP
OP

2REDSTANGS

Reaction score
the only steeda experience i have is my shifter
and that broke the f*** in half the other day gently shifting into 5th :nonono:
i drive around grabbing the little stub through the boot its really great ha it really pisses me off