Engine mount replacement

GTamas

Reaction score
I am planning to replace the engine and transmission mounts on my 94 5.0. Reading the Haynes manual, I got a little confused by point 10 below. What is this "shift linkage"? I didn't find anything about it in the referenced Chapter 7. There is probably another word for it. Can someone help me out please? :)
mount1.png

shovel

Reaction score
I don't know what it means by that either, there wouldn't be any exterior shift linkage on a manual but I don't remember what transmission you have or if you even said which one.

Those bolts that go into the K-member.. I can only ever seem to get them by using an offset open end wrench and then turning the nut a couple degrees, then flipping the wrench over to turn it another couple degrees, then flipping the wrench over to get it another couple degrees. It takes an eternity but I can't seem to do it any other way and none of the ratcheting tools I have that fit in there and fit that nut also have short enough a ratcheting stroke to actually undo it.

Be aware that on nearly all the motor mounts I've bought for these cars (and several other types of cars) the holes for the bolts going into the block don't always 100% line up and sometimes need a little massaging with a file, a drill or a hammer. It doesn't take much offset for a bolt to refuse to start threading and then a man could lose his mind trying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online