Fox-body or SN-95 Struts

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
they dont affect ride height. its the travel/bumpstop that is difference. i believe if u get c/c plates u do not need the foxbody struts unless lowering 2"+. the spacers w/ the c/c plate raises the strut shaft. u do not need the fox shocks either

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
LXtasy said:
so whats the difference than? i really like to know
Shocks and struts are dampers. They control the springs. Imagine a car without shocks and struts, only springs. (now, obviously this wouldn't work on the front of our cars because of the nature of the design of a modified mcpherson strut assembly. So really just imagine the rear) The ride would be uncontrolable bouncy. And that same car would still have the same ride height w/o the shocks as it did with them.

If you have every played with a shock/strut, you know that they will only compress/rebound so fast. This is the measure that tells you what kind of a spring rate that certain shock/strut can control. The stiffer the shock/strut is valved, the higher spring rate it can handle. Of course there are other variables that go into this, but that is just a quick overview.

S

scarface

Goindeafonmtx said:
LXtasy said:
Shocks and struts are dampers. They control the springs. Imagine a car without shocks and struts, only springs. (now, obviously this wouldn't work on the front of our cars because of the nature of the design of a modified mcpherson strut assembly. So really just imagine the rear) The ride would be uncontrolable bouncy. And that same car would still have the same ride height w/o the shocks as it did with them.

If you have every played with a shock/strut, you know that they will only compress/rebound so fast. This is the measure that tells you what kind of a spring rate that certain shock/strut can control. The stiffer the shock/strut is valved, the higher spring rate it can handle. Of course there are other variables that go into this, but that is just a quick overview.
I thought the exact same thing, however WyotecMSA's cobra is a measured .5 inch lower after the fox strut/shock swap. Dont ask me why?

Goindeafonmtx

Reaction score
Thunder Dave said:
Goindeafonmtx said:
LXtasy said:

I thought the exact same thing, however WyotecMSA's cobra is a measured .5 inch lower after the fox strut/shock swap. Dont ask me why?

Hm. I don't know. :dunno:

S

scarface

realitygt said:
maybe just a coincidence of spring settling?
he was running the springs for a year before, and 3 months later it is still lower?

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
lol that's kinda crazy. idk if i was to go up to advance auto parts and wanted to get "fox struts and shocks" what year and what kind would i want to get? just stock motorcraft?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chivo Viejo

Members online