Koni Yellow's FOR THE WIN!

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
OnyxCobra said:
Yeah but I don't want my car full soft on the street. And then when you want to change it for the track you can't just give it a spin cause it'll never be in the same place twice.

Have you ever driven with Konis full soft? They don't feel loose at all. They have the comfort of a stock shock, but crispness of a BMW. No need what so ever to drive it on anything other and beat yourself up for no reason what so ever.

ok so how do you set it at the same place for stiffer driving if you don't count the turns?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You do count the turns. You set them at full soft, and just turn them to the last known working setting. That's what I do. I usually do one a half turns form full soft to get where my valving can keep up with the spring rates.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Okay then you're arguing with me just to agree, i don't get it :dontknow: Having numbers on the dial would make it more accurate is all i'm saying, i don't know how you could disagree.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
There is no accuracy to those numbers is what I'm saying. Most shocks that are even in the same box will dyno pretty different from each other, so 2 on one shock would be 4 on the other and 3 on the other one. Unless you had your shocks custom valved and dynoed, your numbers are useless. Also, I was saying that they don't adjust in clicks so numbers are useless on Koni shocks.

Magic

Reaction score
If your street settings are at full soft, that would mean the knob is all the way out/turned back. When you find your optimum settings at the track, you will have noted down (pen and pad or markered on an inside body panel or inside trunk lid etc etc) how many turns inwards it took of the knob to get it to those settings.

Then when you go back on to the street, just turn the beeyotches all the way back to full soft and go home.

I guess the KONIs aren't "child's play", like a Tokico for example.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You don't have to mark anything. I use the beginning of the "Firm" direction arrow as a reference point to where I started the rotation, and just turn until the last known working setting.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
lol, true

I use mine on full soft on the street, 7 clicks on top, 6 on the bottom in front, 3 of 4 in the back (single adj) and lower the car to 7.5" at the K member ride height on the track. I also change the caster/camber and toe, but thats besides the point.

95gtdrop

Reaction score
Can't wait to put my yellow konis on! I just ordered my new mm lower control arms to go with em.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
d00d its 105 today!!! After a hard day working outside, getting to my mustangs furnace like interior sucks donkey balls

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Way to make me feel like my tokico's are crap lol. They serve me well for now till I pick up a 03/04 IRS unit.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
Good kit, I have seen some track cars running Koni Springs, seem to work well. they are as good quality as there shocks.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Now I want some Koni's. I guess when I win the lottery, become a bank robber, or make it in the world of culinary, i'll be able to. Until then, tokico's it is.

OP
OP
C

Ciotti

Reaction score
Yeah but Jegs won't give you tech, tuning tips, or info on what the kits works best with (street, drag, autocross, etc...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online