Lowered suspension, rear sway bar removal or no?

94cobradan

Reaction score
Who is lowered 1.5 inches or more and still runs a rear sway bar? Previous owner removed the rear sway bar. I want to put one on, but will it scrap? Any body have any pics of sway bars that bend up?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have mine on there and can go as low as I want with air ride. I had to make a little room around the wheel well for it because it would hit it when I aired it all the way out but I would never drive near that level by any means. It is just for parking.

wmfateam

Reaction score
Technically the lower you go the higher the higher the sway bar will be because the control arms will start to dip forward.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'm lowered a little over 1.5"
I have a panhard bar and rear sway bar. No issues.

95opal

Reaction score
Who is lowered 1.5 inches or more and still runs a rear sway bar? Previous owner removed the rear sway bar. I want to put one on, but will it scrap? Any body have any pics of sway bars that bend up?

What makes you think you need to put one on? Is the car oversteering? Are you running a square tire set up? What rates are you running? Sway bar is a suspension tuning device. Depending on set up and feel you may or may not need one. Size and stiffness is another variable in itself so wont get into that.

OP
OP

94cobradan

Reaction score
What makes you think you need to put one on? Is the car oversteering? Are you running a square tire set up? What rates are you running? Sway bar is a suspension tuning device. Depending on set up and feel you may or may not need one. Size and stiffness is another variable in itself so wont get into that.
The car does not over steer but the car rearend does feel loose in cornering essentially on exit and on ramps. Also feels loose because I am boosted. But it feels more loose and body roll when cornering more than anything. I forgot the spring rate but it’s lowered in H and R springs, koni shocks and struts. Wheel setup is 18x9 front and 18x10 rear. I used to have a square setup and still felt the same way.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
here is mine 1.5 drop on rear with original sway bar you will need to blow the pic up 20200607_111825.jpg

Warhorse Racing

Reaction score
A rear say bar will help with body roll, but it will also ADD oversteer at the limit of traction. From the factory, your car came with a tendency to understeer (with a rear sway bar installed). It's common to install a larger rear sway bar to get the car closer to neutral handling. A staggered setup ADDs understeer. Installing stiffer shocks and lowering the car 1.5 inches or more will also move the overall limit of traction further IN, making the car more likely to understeer/oversteer when pushed. You have to determine if the "loose" feeling you're experiencing when you're on an on-ramp is throttle-induced or a tendency of the car. Sway bars are a great way to fine-tune the handling of your car, but they can also make your car handle much worse.

There's information in this video that you might find helpful:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X7YJfnEezE&t

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online