Need help setting up my 1994 GT for autocross

OP
OP
GeeTeeFiveOh

GeeTeeFiveOh

Reaction score
So to recap the effects I "felt" earlier today with the weight.

Lower spring rates
Less compression stiffness
Less rebound stiffness

Is that accurate ? Looking at it in that way and it's not surprising ride quality was better.

To be clear I have no interest in adding weight for the sake of bettering anything just wanted some opinions on the matter. I'll soften the Koni yellows and try again.

Maybe I should make a thread called setting up racing type suspension for street use lol

Unfortunately money and time are Tight this summer I'll be lucky if I make it to any track AND still graduate from college

ReplicaR

Reaction score
BTW, if you have Koni SA, your adjustments control rebound only. I would never put them at full stiff. I'm running almost full soft on the rears, and get better corner exit traction that way. Think of it like this: If you have a shock that's slow to decompress, you inside wheel (the one with very little weight on it) is slow to keep up with the car's transitions, and therefore you are limiting your own traction. It's called jacking effect, look into it in your spare time. The idea is to find a happy medium between wheel hop and oversteer. Me with 250lbs rear coilovers, I'm half turn from full soft on my rears.

OP
OP
GeeTeeFiveOh

GeeTeeFiveOh

Reaction score
Ya great point, ignorantly I figured the single adjustment knob controlled bump and rebound simultaneously. Im going to check out this jacking effect tonight. Allways seeking out more knowledge

ReplicaR

Reaction score
350 lbs front coil over, 250 lbs rear coil over. I'm pretty much maxing out Koni SAs.

OP
OP
GeeTeeFiveOh

GeeTeeFiveOh

Reaction score
I bought these drop engineering solid motor mounts a while back and installed them, piece of cake. Had them on for a couple months and I don't mind them.

I re-read the listing for this part on AM and it says that it RAISES the engine 3/4" to help with longtube fitment. Never had an issue with that before anyways. For some reason I thought these mounts dropped the engine a bit but I am mistaken. How badly would raising the engine 3/4" effect the centre of gravity or roll centre with respect to handling?

If this was your car how much priority would you put on getting the engine to stock height? or even lower if its possible.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online