newbie alert!

kermit7jr7

Reaction score
I did a little research and now decided that I want to get a mustang. what im looking to get is a 4.6 4v and do all the basics like shifter, diff gearing, full exhaust, wider tires etc along with basic maintenance. but im mostly wondering about supercharging it, looking at a vortech but I don't know how the 4.6s handle boost. if I do go through with it what kind of boost level would be safe? would I need better headstuds? ik that it would need a tune and supporting mods, pump, inj, intake, plenum, tb etc. I do have experience moding cars, in my storage unit I have my 97 eclipse gsx (prob don't like hearing that) but I fully built the motor and head myself bb gt3582r full exhaust all supporting mods everything done by me, putting down 642.2hp. but any help you can give me on what the 4.6s can handle would be great.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

The 4.6 loves boost. I'd keep it around 10 to 12 pounds though. 400-ish RWHP is safe. Any more than that and you'll need to get forged internals. The stock connecting rods are the weak link.

OP
OP
K

kermit7jr7

Reaction score
awesome thank you glad to be here, going to be enjoying some rwd fun!!

OP
OP
K

kermit7jr7

Reaction score
thank you everybody, that's one thing ive learned from building a car. if your wallet isn't broke then your car is :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArcAngel

Members online