NHRA div finals

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the division 6 ET FINALS this year in woodburn Oregon. Saw 4 other SN95 Racers. Very cool to see more than just my SN95. Didn't fair as well as I would of liked to, but that racing. Been trying to slow the car all season to stay in sportsman, 2024 the whole of NHRA, is adjusting the fastest a sportsman car can run down to 11.6. Haven't seen the 1/8 reset yet. I know some divisions already adjusted the ET DOWN. I am hoping they adjust pro to minimum of 12.0 separate out the brackets a bit better

Attachments

• IMG_20230903_180301260_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230903_180301260_HDR.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 5

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
bracket racing is tough . First year trying it . Im consistent with the car but reaction times aren’t the best .

OP
OP
Randall Garner

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
bracket racing is tough . First year trying it . Im consistent with the car but reaction times aren’t the best .
That's the biggest learning curve is reaction times. There's a site called , this is bracket racing. Check it out. There are some good lessons on routine, staging, launching.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's the biggest learning curve is reaction times. There's a site called , this is bracket racing. Check it out. There are some good lessons on routine, staging, launching.
I went 3 rounds last weekend against a bunch of regulars for the last race of the season at one of our tracks . Ran within a tenth of my dial in all weekend . The guy that took me out ran his number bang on all weekend cutting killer lights and ended up winning thousand bucks . I had a great time . I’m going to check that page out you mentioned . I never liked bracket racing but it’s making me a way better racer .

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Once I have my line lock and 2 step working my reaction times will be alot better .2 was my reactions all weekend . Holding the e brake so it doesn’t roll back on the line and take make the bottom bulb go out lol .

OP
OP
Randall Garner

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Once I have my line lock and 2 step working my reaction times will be alot better .2 was my reactions all weekend . Holding the e brake so it doesn’t roll back on the line and take make the bottom bulb go out lol .
On a stick car. I have set the ebrake 1 click. Just enough to hold the car still, once I get the stage lights on. Once I hit 2nd. I released the brake. I don't think it kills enough ET to make a difference. But you'll have to play with that a bit . One other thing to help the reaction times. Only push in clutch pedal just enough to keep the car from moving. The shorter the clutch travel the better for you. Or try to leave between the 2 and 3 yellow. I have to do that with a bone stock automatic convertible I have. It reacts so slow I have to leave early on the lights.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
On a stick car. I have set the ebrake 1 click. Just enough to hold the car still, once I get the stage lights on. Once I hit 2nd. I released the brake. I don't think it kills enough ET to make a difference. But you'll have to play with that a bit . One other thing to help the reaction times. Only push in clutch pedal just enough to keep the car from moving. The shorter the clutch travel the better for you. Or try to leave between the 2 and 3 yellow. I have to do that with a bone stock automatic convertible I have. It reacts so slow I have to leave early on the lights.
Yea I’ve tried to leave on the 2,3 yellow and just red lit that was last season . More bracket racing this weekend . Pretty sure there’s a stick shift class at this event Though .

OP
OP
Randall Garner

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's been my issue reaction time this past season. Was doing pretty well , with reactions , until I installed a restrictor plate . Messed with my lights but over time I got that figured out. Then installed a new carb . Better over all tune up . And was again fighting ET'S SO NEXT YEAR going pro class

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
That's been my issue reaction time this past season. Was doing pretty well , with reactions , until I installed a restrictor plate . Messed with my lights but over time I got that figured out. Then installed a new carb . Better over all tune up . And was again fighting ET'S SO NEXT YEAR going pro class

Yea I run in pro . I’m switching to stiff wall slicks for next year my car shocks the tire too violently so this should help .

OP
OP
Randall Garner

Randall Garner

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I run a drag radial. Since I also race a radial only class. After the divisional, i opened up my restrictor. Came up a bit on launch rpm. And gained .3 in the 60, and near .4 at the 1/8. And up 4 mph.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I run a drag radial. Since I also race a radial only class. After the divisional, i opened up my restrictor. Came up a bit on launch rpm. And gained .3 in the 60, and near .4 at the 1/8. And up 4 mph.
Stick car ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online