No Fuel Pressure 12vdc-yes. Ground-no

rvseverson

Reaction score
I have a 2000 GT. I’m not getting fuel pressure when I turn the key on. I checked the plug behind the rear bumper and I have 12vdc on the BN/PK to the RD/BK wires out of the FP Driver Module. I checked the pump motor and have ohms across the windings (3.5ohms). I have a needle point 12volt tester to pierce the wires so I get 12vdc on the BN/PK wire (supply) and 12vdc on the RD/BK (return/ground). The problem has been intermittent. I hooked 12vdc directly to the pump and it drew current but didn’t run. Locked up?

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rvseverson

Reaction score
well if you hooked up direct power to the pump
and its not working
pump is bad
When I tried the 12vdc I was using thin test jumpers. This time I used 14 gauge and my lithium jump box with 15vdc. The pump started, noisy but it started. The fuel gauge was at 80psi. I plugged it back into the driver module and now it’s running. Seems a bit low though. 30psi with the engine running?

OP
OP
R

rvseverson

Reaction score
well if you hooked up direct power to the pump
and its not working
pump is bad
When I tried the 12vdc I was using thin test jumpers. Thus time I used 14 gauge and my lithium jump box with 15vdc. The pump started, about noisy but it started. The fuel gauge was at 80psi. I plugged it back into the driver module and now it’s running. Seems a bit low though. 30psi with the engine running? 40psi with just the key on.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
when was the last time the filter was changed? Did ya run the tank empty or nearly empty recently? If so you might have sucked up all the crap that had accumulated over time into the filter.

95opal

Reaction score
When I tried the 12vdc I was using thin test jumpers. Thus time I used 14 gauge and my lithium jump box with 15vdc. The pump started, about noisy but it started. The fuel gauge was at 80psi. I plugged it back into the driver module and now it’s running. Seems a bit low though. 30psi with the engine running? 40psi with just the key on.
Is that 30 psi with the vac line unhooked from the regulator? Im assuming not. Start engine pull vac line off regulator and you should see 40-41 psi. If not your pump is either about to go or perhaps bad fuel filter.

OP
OP
R

rvseverson

Reaction score
Is that 30 psi with the vac line unhooked from the regulator? Im assuming not. Start engine pull vac line off regulator and you should see 40-41 psi. If not your pump is either about to go or perhaps bad fuel filter.

Are you talking about the FRPS vacuum line? It sends the signal to the FP Driver.

OP
OP
R

rvseverson

Reaction score
The pressure did go up to 40 with the engine running and pulling the vacuum line off of the Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor. Thanks