Official Fox Body Intake Swap Thread

White_5.0_GT

Reaction score
umm...lets put it on...it's all painted nice and shit...let's get the lil shit on ur vehicle...did u get those bolts yet???

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Robby acts dumb on this site...must be a camaro thing. haha anyway No i havnt I need to see if they will work I guess ill make a seperate thread. It says for gt40 upper intakes which is different then mine but same lower.... so im not exactly sure.

ryclef331

Reaction score
Cobra Bolt Solution....

MAN...y'all need to stop spending all this money on shipping! Plus, you're wasting time!

LOWES or HOME DEPOT have EVERYTHING you need!

The lower intake bolts are the same...intake to intake. I've had 3 different intakes on my car...still on the same bolts!

The uppers ARE different however...SAME thread pitch but different LENGTHS!

A Cobra's upper intake bolts are as follows!

2@ 5/16 x 18 x 1.62"
2@ 5/16 x 18 x 6.07"
2@ 5/16 x 18 x 6.85"

the bold lettering is the Quantity of bolts AND (the important part) THREAD PITCH!

Write that down, take your happy asses on down to the hardware store with about 10 bucks or less. Either get the bolts listed above OR get a LONG piece of 5/16 x 18 threaded rod and appropriate nuts. Washers too! Take it home and make your own studs with a dremel (this is how ALL of my cars have been). If you can't get the bolts in that exact length....get longer with extra washers. NEVER short yourself on threads....they'll pull off.

The throttle body is different intake to intake but I believe MOST are 5/16 x 18 on the fox flange...i think its the sn95 flange thats different.

FINALLY, if you were cheap like me, you didn't get the high dollar hardware...so BE CAREFUL when tightening it all down! You can shear the head right off of bolts with out much problem....which is why I like to make my studs. Regardless. Remember, there IS more than one bolt holding down that upper intake with its Flat Machined Surfaces and Gaskets so you don't have to crank the shit out of it (thats my disclaimer...after having to remove numerous broken intake bolts for friends).

that should clear up any misconceptions

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Got it all done. Its started. And I drove it. Its just running really rough. The TPS was bad though and reading 4.98V closed and 5.05V open.

Only codes it threw were TPS voltage above maximum (slightly LOL) and hard fault present. Which I was told was probably from the TPS.

Just double checking here.

I am using my IAC from my 94GT intake. I know with a fox IAC the electrical connector points toward the valve covers. Do I point my SN95 IAC down? Or point it towards the hood? I have it pointing up right now and its running pretty rough but I havnt switched TPS or dialed my timing in yet so could just be that.

Factory Freak

Reaction score
your never gonna dial in your timing until your mark your balancer! mark that shit! I'm gonna upload pics soon, and it will show the custom CAI we made for it!

strokn50

Reaction score
i have an upper intake and throttle body from a 91 gt, if i got that elbow frome edlebrock above, would it be a direct bolt on without having to change anything, and also can you take only the upper intake to a machine shop or would that be dumb to do upper and now lower?

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
What do you mean to the machine shop? To get it ported out some? There isnt much room to port on the stock GT intakes. The elbow is a bolt on.

ryclef331

Reaction score
strokn50 said:
i have an upper intake and throttle body from a 91 gt, if i got that elbow frome edlebrock above, would it be a direct bolt on without having to change anything, and also can you take only the upper intake to a machine shop or would that be dumb to do upper and now lower?

If you run the elbow, yes, it will be a bolt on affair! If you're wanting to swap stock intake for a stock fox intake...there is no benefit. As for porting....what intake are you talking about?

strokn50

Reaction score
i was just wondering if there would be any pick up just by getting the upper intake only ported and switch onto my 95 gt, or should i just get upper and lower ported and swap them onto my 95

ryclef331

Reaction score
Both will have SOME benefit but due to the fact that it has to be cut, ported, and then welded back together, it isn't going to be that cheap. I'd buy an after market intake like edelbrock's performer that has a removeable lid to allow easier access for porting when you desire to have it done

texasdogman

Reaction score
I am a sn95 noob but can someone tell me what the folowing things are I have a 94 gt some one else converted to a fox trick flow track heat intake and fox 75 mm tb and it is all rigged up and I need to get it straight..

What are the following terms?
CAI
ACT sensor
IAC

heres a pick of what they did to mine
94intakepic.jpg

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
"What are the following terms?"
CAI-Cold Air Intake
ACT- Air Charge Temperature sensor
IAC- Idle Air Control

Incase you don't know... ACT is the black plug on the elbow right before your throttle body. The IAC is the silver/metal sensor on the front side of the throttle body.

Are you converting it back over to SN95 style?

texasdogman

Reaction score
No i want to keep it with the fox intake and throttle body I just want to get every thing hooked up right so it will run smooth and also get the throttle cable hooked up right. right now the gas pedal goes to the floor way to easy I need to get it bolted up right and add a spring or smoething to it.

texasdogman

Reaction score
I guess my act is the black plug they drilled the hole in the silver intake tube for? The tps is the little black deal on the top of the throttle body with the wire harness right. it looks like they already spliced it. I just have to figure out what the blue hose and the black hose connected together are and where they should be connected. i am going to add a fox egr spacer.

cntchds

Reaction score
I know this probably isn't looked highly on, but I have a full Fox throttlebody (including MAF/IAC/TPS) all painted and spiffy looking in the classifieds section if someone is looking to swap.

:thumb:

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
This thread has been up on stangnet for awhile and is step by step with pictures and great instructions on how to do it.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
I bought the Trick Flow 75 MM Elbow adaptor for my Trick Flow R intake. I have enough going on with the car this spring/summer to do a Fox set up swap. It does look good though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online