On3 96 Cobra 8475 Gen2 Ff turbo install

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Also. First actual unsolvable issue. The maf flange was welded on the incorrect direction to bolt the maf down. It bolts down properly the wrong way. I'm sure I could fix it but I'm going to contact them monday and let them resolve it. It was an addon I paid for so I didnt have to mess with it the first time. Aside from that tho it's almost ready. Injectors are installed, intercooler is mounted, found a nice spot for the power steering cooling line.

Only things left are the vacuum lines, remount downpipe and exhaust, and re plumb the coolant system once a new slim fan gets ordered this weekend.

Once that's all done I'm going to reroute a few lines like the turbo feed line for the best route.
c975ab9a311e0f5757b63ad4e9787c82.jpg
03dcfc3a1aa2cc1159de2679344e7b78.jpg
087fcc74a98e1e67940bed9baca9e36b.jpg
71b89a729f0c2cfd1dcb25128bc7b003.jpg
37e3ffb9582adbcfd8db0a2e8aca56b0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

01yellercobra

Reaction score
I love the boss block. But It's been sooo many years in the making for this turbo build due to life. This is the second version of this boss block. Few years ago v1 sucked up water and cracked a cylinder wall, ruined 1 piston, and messed up my old b heads.

It took me a while to get motivated to fix it but it now has better pistons and termi heads.

I get it. Mine is sitting on a moving cart wrapped in a plastic bag. It needs new pistons thanks to a blown radiator hose. I'll get around to rebuilding it someday.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Awesome!

For the abs, you can get a delete block or just get some new line and bend it and flare it. Brake lines are super easy.

You can also get rid of that a/c idler puller by getting a shorter belt and using a grooved idler in place of your smooth one.
Do you have any more info on the ac pulley delete with a ribbed pulley? All I can find works only for the 1 bolt tensioner. Nothing for the 3 bolt.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Do you have any more info on the ac pulley delete with a ribbed pulley? All I can find works only for the 1 bolt tensioner. Nothing for the 3 bolt.

Three bolt tensioner covers are easier. Get a grooved idler pulley for a 2006 Lincoln town car. You won’t change anything on your tensioner. You’ll swap out your top smooth idler for the grooved one and the belt will wrap around that pulley instead of going under it. Everything else will be the same. I’ll see if I can get a picture of mine for you.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Three bolt tensioner covers are easier. Get a grooved idler pulley for a 2006 Lincoln town car. You won’t change anything on your tensioner. You’ll swap out your top smooth idler for the grooved one and the belt will wrap around that pulley instead of going under it. Everything else will be the same. I’ll see if I can get a picture of mine for you.
Thanks I'd appreciate it. I'm all for doing this as my ac delete pulley is very close to one of the waste gates.

I believe I found a thread that would show me this info but all the pics are no longer hosted so I cant see what they did and its the only one I could find.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I like that. Do you happen to know the belt size? I will gladly pick one up today and do this.

I don’t recall the belt size, but I also didn’t run power steering so I used a really small belt. What you could do is grab some rope or string and wrap it like you would run the belt and measure how long the rope is. You could even do it with the smooth pulley in place so you only have to make one trip to the store.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
So I'm about to do some final touches. Fan install and such.

But im not getting anywhere with on3 replacing the tube with the maf flange welded 180 degrees out. So this happened. Sick of waiting. They may still correct the mistake but I've got stuff I could be doing and waiting around more isnt one of them.
142103d90200dd6e7c69f374f7ae8de9.jpg

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Those are temporary. Lol. Only thing I could get same day. I've got to order some good ones but I'm racing to finish a few things so I can start dialing in the tune. Wot pulls will have to wait.

Better solution is to have it welded properly where I cut it. I dont have the equipment to do it here.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
It is alive!!!! Still waiting on a few things. Better couplers, turbo blanket, headerwrap, etc. But shes alive so I can start tuning.

I modified my current tune with the new maf and injectors. Fired right up. Time to dial it in.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
So dropping in to give yall an update. Got the tune pretty dialed in but.....

I'm using a c head to b head upper adapter. One of the bolts on the inside backed out as I didnt use loctite on that one (woops) and got blown into #8 so it needs rebuilt. The engine has been running for a couple years just fine and I have no idea how long that bolt has been sitting in the bottom of the intake.

Looks like all it needs was some psi to blow it around to ruin my day.

Good news is the kit fit and functions great so if you're leaning towards the kit I suggest doing it.

I just paid my house off so that's one big bill gone so the engine will be redone.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you own it! Now you can finally throw that insane rockstar party that you always dreamed of having. The one where you invite all your crazy friends and it ends with some guitars through some walls and a toilet out the 2nd or 3rd story window. Party at bigbores place this weekend, spread the word!

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
you own it! Now you can finally throw that insane rockstar party that you always dreamed of having. The one where you invite all your crazy friends and it ends with some guitars through some walls and a toilet out the 2nd or 3rd story window. Party at bigbores place this weekend, spread the word!
Monday I'll be like why's my dog up on the roof?

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Been a while as I've been busy with work, life, and streaming but happy to report the turbo cobra is back on the road. Honestly it was tough even thinking about cars when it was broke. Lol.

After teardown the damage was only to 1 piston and the head. I've since replaced the head (got lucky as I found a guy selling the 1 I needed) and piston with new rings, bearings etc. The cylinder wall was surprisingly unscathed. I have also ditched the intake adapter and went with a full intake. Even cut the upper up to allow my single blade throttle body requiring me to run a remote mounted IAC.

One thing to note about the on3 throttle body inlet pipe that I had issues with. It fits perfectly on the c intake and like ass on a b head intake unless you flip it around. Such a seemingly small difference between the two throttle body positions is a huge difference on fitment.

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
WTB forgiveness for my laziness

I need to get some wire looms but did do a couple things we discussed in this thread. TV turbo blanket, wrap, ac pulley delete (79.5 in belt btw), today I am welding that intake tube and deleting those cheap couplers.

834a2e30e6cfd2269a1c042271bd1fb9.jpg
709be409dcf1b46dd60e680c270442b8.jpg
638ba14e69e6f9c31c3676ae8f0ec83f.jpg
13d2e7df3bc7a726f0a1f6a35b21b359.jpg
460f61f30382d525772bcd7746aa609b.jpg
fef021d02b6f011d61497b22741b8e2e.jpg

OP
OP
BigBore96

BigBore96

Reaction score
Finally got around to welding the aluminum intake pipe to the throttle body today. So glad I can finally get into boost without worrying if a temporary coupler was going to let go.

Had a great day letting some family and friends let me take them for some mild pulls.

Here soon it will be time to up the boost.

Sorry no videos...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online