Post A Pic Of Your Latest Purchase Thread...

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dude ! Your cars going to be a monster those blower kits are such a good bang for your buck .

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
It's finally shipped after 2 years of waiting. Magnacut blade, burled amboyna scales ~10.5" overall length. Price was... a lot. Custom work is expensive. Blade is 3/16" thick. My spec was, if I need to cut a pickup tire off a rim in the middle of nowhere in South Africa, this better do the trick. And yes, the need to remove a tire from a rim and only having a pocket knife to do it with has come up on the farm. What it'll do mostly in all reality is sit there attached to my body armor and cry about not getting any attention and why don't I take it out on the town once in a while or at least use it to eat peas with.
View attachment 31501

I need to start gathering parts for the new engine. First thing first, buy forged 4.6 4v pistons. Wanting forged and good stuff but I don't need them to be the same price as an equal weight of gold. Anyone got a tip on where might be some good deals? Thinking Manley but open to ideas. Remember, I want to land at 11:1-11.5:1 compression on 01 cobra C-heads and hopefully a stock bore but it's more likely than not that I'll bump to +.010 or +.020.
The blade has drawn its first blood. Went on a hunt and took a nice young kudu bull with a 7RemMag at 200m with a low neck shot. I pulled the blade and did a plunge cut just under the jaw line to drain the blood and pushed forward through the muscle, blood vessels, trachea, esophagus and the quite thick skin and the blade absolutely sailed through like it was cutting air. This is after I used it to cut a piece of conveyor belt for a gong hanger and other general cutting tasks around the farm. JLC Custom Knives gets an A+ from me on the craftsmanship and the choice of edge geometry was super smart. It only takes a quick strop to restore the edge to shaving sharp after cutting across 10 inches of conveyor belt. Pics later when I have more time.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
Got my Danie Joubert (Bohler N690, similar to VG10) and my JLC Customs (Magnacut) knives mounted to a Bladetech Tek-Lok mount. They mount under the lower placard mounting location on my plate carrier.

IMG_7507.jpeg

IMG_7508.jpeg

Call me Chief

Reaction score
Got my Danie Joubert (Bohler N690, similar to VG10) and my JLC Customs (Magnacut) knives mounted to a Bladetech Tek-Lok mount. They mount under the lower placard mounting location on my plate carrier.

View attachment 33908

View attachment 33907
The Tek Lok is the absolute best. I carry centered in front on my belt and it does not move at all.ESEE 3.jpg

Attachments

• ESEE 3.jpg
    ESEE 3.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 0

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I gotta go find mine . I gotta classic buck the ones our dads would have carried when we were younger was Good garage sale score

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
835494.jpg958966.jpg

My EDC pocket knives are a Hogue Deka for general purpose use Magnacut and a Kershaw Emerson CQC-6K in D2 for “social” use. I managed to forget both of them in the states so they are being shipped to me along with a few other things I spaced packing. I ordered 2 more of each too because they are hard to get here and overly expensive when they can be found.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Those Kershaw Emerson’s are great knives. I’ve fallen out of the habit of carrying a knife everyday but I had 3 or 4 of those that I rotated through.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online