Post A Pic Of Your Ride As It Sits

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi All,
My poor Cobra R looks so sad sitting covered in dust with an empty engine compartment. The good news is that the new engine will be going back in within a month or so. This latest iteration should be pretty bad ass.
I've attached a few pictures. In some of these you can see the Griggs tubular DOM chrome-moly K member, their World Challenge control arms, their new adjustable anti-sway bar, the Flaming River steering shaft, as well as some other various goodies. I'm in the process of detailing the engine compartment since, well, now's the time to do it since the engine isn't in my way.
Hopefully this will be back on the road by March or April.
Thanks, CobraRGuy20240103_163357.jpg20240103_163434.jpg20240103_163506.jpg20240103_163524.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh these cars can be big pains in the ass especially when having a 9.5 deck

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Over the ~27 years I've had this car, it has been out of commission for at least 14 of them. The initial Griggs modifications, the original 429 engine build, the SPD exhaust build, the stock ECU tuning disaster, the Transpo voltage regulator disaster that caused the entire electrical system to be subjected to who knows how much voltage that fried the MSD box, distributor pick-up, the fuel pump, and fried a bunch of wiring. That's a whole other story. Don't ever buy a Transpo regulator. Powermaster stopped using them because they moved their production to China to save money and failures like mine started happening. Then, once I finally got all of the electrical resolved, the tie bar lifter failure. Jeez... I never gave up though. My wife HATES this car (and has told me so in no uncertain terms). She keeps telling me to sell it. No way baby, I'll never sell this car...

Last edited:

Snorky

Reaction score
Over the ~29 years I've had this car, it has been out of commission for at least 14 of them. The initial Griggs modifications, the original 429 engine build, the SPD exhaust build, the stock ECU tuning disaster, the Transpo voltage regulator disaster that caused the entire electrical system to be subjected to who knows how much voltage that fried the MSD box, distributor pick-up, the fuel pump, and fried a bunch of wiring. That's a whole other story. Don't ever buy a Transpo regulator. Powermaster stopped using them because they moved their production to China to save money and failures like mine started happening. Then, once I finally got all of the electrical resolved, the tie bar lifter failure. Jeez... I never gave up though. My wife HATES this car (and has told me so in no uncertain terms). She keeps telling me to sell it. No way baby, I'll never sell this car...
Damn.. and I thought I had a rough go with my car

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SN95.0

Members online