Removing cat-back, replace with dumps

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought Maximum95’s MagnaFlow exhaust dumps and I’m wondering:
1. Can I get the rear end up high enough without a lift to get the cat-back out without cutting it?; and

2. If so, are there any tips/tricks anyone can share because I gotta believe there will be some creative angles etc to do so!

And yes, I remembered to do a “before” video with the Super 44’s to compare vs the dumps video I’ll do after so we can hear the difference!

Cheers and thanks!!

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
I;'ve done it, but on a lift.

Essentially you have to drop the axle. Disconnect the shocks and quads, disconnect the brake line, and lower it down as far as you can possibly go. It will be harder with stock rubber arms, as the poly aftermarkets have more freedom of movement. From there, you can wiggle the tailpipes up and over the axle, but you'll have to pivot the mufflers around and having the car high helped with that.

To be honest, removing and reinstalling the axle might be what it takes on the ground. I've do it this way as well but I was removing the axle for other reasons. Removing and hanging a cat-back with no axle in place is easy :)

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pics…

Attachments

• IMG_1574.jpeg
    IMG_1574.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1556.jpeg
    IMG_1556.jpeg
    204.5 KB · Views: 10

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
For the 4 hours of hassle it'll save you, just use the sawzall.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For the 4 hours of hassle it'll save you, just use the sawzall.
LOL…. I did! Bonus little benefit of that as it turns out is: If I ever want/need to switch it back, all 4 pieces fit nicely in the trunk and it’s off to a muffler shop I go!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online